Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recalls for loose bolt

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How does Tesla notify owners of recall notices? Email?

I received an email about the seatbelt retracted bolts recall, I don't recall anything via regular mail.

FWIW, the tech from Mobile Service said my Y was recalled, because they do periodic inventory counts and they had some number of extra seat belt retractor bolts in stock which meant that some weren't installed. He just popped the truck gasket on each side and the loosened the interior pals so he could verify that the bolts were installed. He claimed that he didn't need to check the torque, just their presence. I asked about the brake caliper bolts and he said my car didn't have the issue. He didn't elaborate on what that problem is.

I have nothing for my VIN either- BUT I happen to have a service appointment in a few days on my 2020 MY. I'm going to ask them when I get there about this- we'll see what they say... I'll report back.
So actually at service right now... they said my car is not part of the bolt issue so "I'm good"- BUT interestingly my VIN had an "advisory" to replace some sensors for the A/C that they will be doing today with my other service. That's something I didn't know....