Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Received our SolarRoof Installation Plans

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jboy210

Supporting Member
Dec 2, 2016
Northern California
Four weeks ago we used the new, and now gone, App's "Service" option and requested the Installation plans for our SolarRoof. And surprisingly yesterday we received a 24 page PDF containing the full set of installation drawings. These include the placement of the active and inactive tiles, breaker schedules, bill of lading, and wiring from each string to junction boxes then to inverters and finally to Generation panels. It also has a lot of information on the installation of the tiles, such as how much should be visible, ridgeline, flashing angles, etc.

Lots of good data I need to digest.

Last edited:
Glad you got it!

Mine has been helpful in understanding why some strings are dropping output during the day (shading).

I asked my project advisor for it. Since PTO, I now no longer have a dedicated person on the Tesla website, it's a generic email and phone number.

Glad you got it!

Mine has been helpful in understanding why some strings are dropping output during the day (shading).

I asked my project advisor for it. Since PTO, I now no longer have a dedicated person on the Tesla website, it's a generic email and phone number.
Same thing happened to us after PTO. The documents were sent by someone from Tesla Solar in Las Vegas.

Last edited: