Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommendations for Philly or South Jersey Paint Armor and Tint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes! Many of us (if not everyone from NJ) has had Xpel Ultimate applied by Leeberbs! (just tell him Dennis sent ya!) He is a real pro at this, just look @ pics on his facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/leeberbs He has become our 'resident Tesla Model S' paint armor installer he has done so many! His contact info is up there too. He's actually done so many Tesla's that he's installed a charger for us there too :)

I was the first Model S he had done, and I have recommended him to many many people. Everyone, including myself, has had nothing but great things to say about his work. He's one of those very very *very* meticulous people that won't be satisfied with anything short of perfection on the work that he has done. He's also got a guy that does paint correction and detailing work if you need to get the factory paint swirls out before putting the film on.

Lee also does Wincos and Madicos Charcool tint. I personally went with 3M Crystalline by another installer (Lee doesn't do 3M), but I was not satisfied with the way that 3M Crystalline looks on the Model S. (has some sort of film reaction with the factory finish on the rear window and looks purplish), and I have been meaning to have mine redone by Lee. Many others who had Xpel done by Lee also had tint done by Lee and they were also very satisfied with that work and it looks great too. We did get together again recent to compare all the different types of tint we had done so I've seen Lee's tint work too and it does look great (better than 3M) so I would recommend him for both the Xpel Ultimate and tint!

theres many posts about our tint and film installs in our NJ tesla owners group in google. Google Groups

So after talking it over with Lee, it seems that if I want a full wrap it comes to $4200 when you account for all the body parts. Also if you add Tint it is around $300 more.

Seems like a lot for the full wrap?

$4200 for a "full wrap" is actually pretty damn good. We're lucky out here on the East and Lee's prices (as well as the quality of his work) is the best I've seen around here.

For comparison, if you just wrap the front (which most of us did this instead of getting the entire car wrapped) is probably around $1800 from Lee. Other quotes around these area that I had received was around $2200-$2500 just for the front. In California, "just the front" would run you about $3500.

For a full wrap, the quotes I've seen on these forums in California are $7500-$8000. So Lee's price of $4200 is really freakin good in comparison.

$4200 for a "full wrap" is actually pretty damn good. We're lucky out here on the East and Lee's prices (as well as the quality of his work) is the best I've seen around here.

For comparison, if you just wrap the front (which most of us did this instead of getting the entire car wrapped) is probably around $1800 from Lee. Other quotes around these area that I had received was around $2200-$2500 just for the front. In California, "just the front" would run you about $3500.

For a full wrap, the quotes I've seen on these forums in California are $7500-$8000. So Lee's price of $4200 is really freakin good in comparison.

Okay - I guess just new to that type of expenditure so do not have any baseline to work with.

Well I don't think it was started yet... Just dropped it off tonight. Will pick it up Friday afternoon.

I am not getting full wrap - that's too much money. I will have maybe 1/2 to 3/4 of it wrapped concentrating on front facing areas and other wear-intensive spots.

Some before and after in progress shots! One more day till I have my baby back! Also decided to go with Opti-Guard on the leather surfaces.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1383246500.963503.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1383246500.963503.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 213
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1383246516.272658.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1383246516.272658.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 190
So here is the official tally: XPEL Ultimate on full front (including fenders, headlights and A pillars), mirrors, front doors partial roof, back bumper as well as the Charcool tint and Opti-Guard inside on the leather. All this done in 2 days perfectly by Lee at Leeberbs / Signature detailing in Hillsborough, NJ.