Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommended Electrician to assess house for home charging?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla Family:
We are in a small very old apartment building where owner will allow charger to be installed IF the buildings electric capabilities are sufficient. We need this assessed before placing our order. Can anyone recommend an electrician who has Tesla experience and might come out for an assessment... followed by eventual charger installation? We are on HK Island on the southside.

I am also on HK Island. I used Wing Hung Water & Electric Engineering Co. who can be reached at 9459 9743. FWIW, they are a small mom and pop store (their "company" address is actually a residential address) so I'm not sure they speak English.

just FYI, when determining whether the building can power it sufficiently, bear in mind that you don't need the highest charge that the wall charger can thru-put to use your car efficiently. a Single Phase 40amp line will provide 40km of range per hour of charge - which is perfect for just plugging your car in every night, and have it charged by 3am most days. and hopefully a single phase 40amp line is within spec with your building.