Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommended load rating for MYP?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all,
I am looking into aftermarket wheels for MYP 2023. What is the preferred load rating I should be looking for? I did some research but I am seeing some mixed opinions on this. Is 1650lb more than enough for MYP? or should I look into ~2000lb wheels? I'd appreciate your thoughts!

Look at the label next to the driver's door on the B pillar of the Tesla Performance Model Y. This will incude the Gross Axle Weight Rating (GAWR) FRT (front) and GAWR RR (rear). Take the value of the GAWR RR and divide by 2. This is the maximum load per rear wheel/tire. Do the same for the GAWR FRT.

• Helpful
Reactions: Skavatar
Look at the label next to the driver's door on the B pillar of the Tesla Performance Model Y. This will incude the Gross Axle Weight Rating (GAWR) FRT (front) and GAWR RR (rear). Take the value of the GAWR RR and divide by 2. This is the maximum load per rear wheel/tire. Do the same for the GAWR FRT.
Thank you. Looks like the value is exactly 1650lb (750kg).. I am looking at some wheels with 750kg load rating. Is it generally safe to use a wheel with the exactly matching limit or should I look for wheels that exceed this limit just to be safe?

Thank you. Looks like the value is exactly 1650lb (750kg).. I am looking at some wheels with 750kg load rating. Is it generally safe to use a wheel with the exactly matching limit or should I look for wheels that exceed this limit just to be safe?
Should be OK. The maximum Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GWVR) and GAWR assume a fully loaded vehicle and any load that could be bearing on a tow hitch.