Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Red vrs yellow Brenbo Calipers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Putting Brenbo Calipers on my 2023 Tesla 3 with very dark green metallic PPF. Any opinions on yellow vrs red cover with Telsa v Brenbo in red letters? The dark green gas red T decals and red light covers but my mechanic says that the really is unique and with red lettering would look great and since the brakes are Brenbo, why hide it under the "Tesla" label?

Any thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_2723.jpeg
    IMG_2723.jpeg
    581.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_9998.jpeg
    IMG_9998.jpeg
    194.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2725.jpeg
    IMG_2725.jpeg
    696 KB · Views: 3
Putting Brenbo Calipers on my 2023 Tesla 3 with very dark green metallic PPF. Any opinions on yellow vrs red cover with Telsa v Brenbo in red letters? The dark green gas red T decals and red light covers but my mechanic says that the really is unique and with red lettering would look great and since the brakes are Brenbo, why hide it under the "Tesla" label?

Any thoughts?
Oy! It's Brenbo.. Not sure how to edit a post yet, new to the club and site!

Upvote 0
It's Brembo... Anyway... Most manufacturers remove the Brembo label and put their own name on. Porsche, etc, etc.
It's Brembo... Anyway... Most manufacturers remove the Brembo label and put their own name on. Porsche, etc, etc.
I'm not getting this from the manufacturer. I've been upgrading my car, putting in new brakes, parts of suspension, baffling, stiffer sway bars, colored PPF, even a new front end following an insurance claim, and much more. So the mechanic asked me what I wanted the color of the calipers and lettering and name of brand. So Ferrari's and Porsche rename it? I've never done anything like this so I don't know, and it cost so much I'm wondering if the brakes themselves were overkill. Hope not!

Upvote 0
Tesla factory brakes are Brembo and it's just branded Tesla like the other manufacturers. Good brakes are worth it. It's good to be able to stop.
Yeah, now I see.. I was recommended to upgrade the stock Brembo brakes that come with the Tesla to a higher end Brembo that cost $10K ($2K) installation. Same as my stereo, which came with stock premium 13 speakers but I'm upgrading to the new Alpine system with much heavier magnets and a big difference in sound quality. I've just gone down the rabbit hole which I've never done with the beemers I use to own, because I love this car!

Upvote 0