Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

<redacted> So Dissapointed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've long since stopped holding my breath, but, PeaceX: have you any knowledge of anything in the works for the North Country beyond the Destination Chargers at private establishments in Prince George and Ft. St. J ?

Asking for a friend wife.

Superchargers are for high speed charging so you can 'continue' you journey without having to wait too long. They are NOT for local people to charge their cars for free. As such they should be located on major routes and the fact that you don't have one near you should not be a problem. You should plug your car in at home at night and it will always be charged and ready for you without taking up supercharger spots for local driving. Superchargers are not your corner gas station.

Reactions: Jay Massaro
I call Bull*** on this post. His location Zip 91786 is three miles from the Rancho Cucamonga supercharger.

12642 Cultural Center Dr, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91739

I call BS as well and I also love Google Maps. Here is Street View of the SC closest to Spartan53.
Google Maps

Here is Spartan53's ZIP code (91786)
Google Maps

Here are the Google Trip Planner Routes from 8.2 to 12.5 miles.
Google Maps

he's not going to respond back. He's already been banned.
I live in the same area as he does and I honestly have no issues finding charging locations. Plugshare is a fantastic app that allows me to top off my car if i need to.
and there's 2 free Volta stalls at the Macy's in the Montebello Mall location as well.
to top that off, you can always charge 110v if you have to. I remembered reading a S owner who kept his car charged on 110v for 3 years no problem.

Really? No need to name call.

Home charger. No need for a Supercharger. I’ve commuted from Santa Monica or DTLA to Newport and never needed to stop at a supercharger. 30 and 50amp service at home—pretty easy to install them- I did mine myself. 7500 federal, 2500 from the state of California, and 400 from Edison—I think you can pay someone to install an outlet if you’re uncomfortable doing it.

A supercharger nearby my local Costco in Fountain Valley is constantly busy with people, which I know most them are just charging since they don’t want to charge at home. That’s fine if they want to abuse the system but I don’t see the point of wasting my time driving to the supercharger and waiting for the car to charge vs charging overnight. Model S, you have a 80-120k car - most likely not living in an apt- so no sympathy. Now, i can understand the plight of the model 3 cars and not having access to it. I do think you can just ask the apt manager nicely and consistently (it’s how you ask) I’m sure they can try to accommodate, especially with all the local rebates. Furthermore- 100-150 dollars for a 30 foot long 50 amp extension can be used at an RV park- I have this. I’m sure there are longer ones available. 30ft plus the Tesla’s 20 feet has allowed me to be able to charge virtually anywhere. I also have a 100ft long 20 amp extension cable for emergencies.

Ive had my tesla for 3 years now and I live in the San Gabriel Valley, and they have yet to even get a permit for a supercharger. The area has thousands of tesla and the fonpany doesnt give a *sugar*. So dissapointed just keep adding chargers for liberal idiots in San Jose and SF but ignore all others.
The only place you don’t need a supercharger is where you live. You a renter??

Its just disappointing that conservative idiots like yourself are even allowed to own Teslas.

Actually, just a joke, but it is hard to give you any sympathy with obnoxious uncalled for comments bashing others.

Can we live in a world where Liberals and Conservatives unite based on what they drive? I have Liberal and conservative friends that own Tesla's. Let's learn to love and unite. Maybe there will be a supercharger by "The Wall" (joking).

Reactions: gilscales
While the verbal abuse was out of line, he has a sort-of legitimate complaint. Upton to the western parts of LA (e.g. Beverly Hills) is 50 miles and there aren't any superchargers particularly close to the natural route...the nearest is Glendale, more than 10 miles off-route in the wrong direction. If he has to make several stops in and around town, he could easily be going 150 miles or more. Add hills and heavy traffic, and a 60 or 70 driver would be feeling some range anxiety. I understand how needing to go 10 miles in the wrong direction in heavy traffic to get charge would rankle. He only needs ten minutes of supercharge to alleviate his range anxiety, but the present arrangement adds at least an hour to his already long day.

-Snortybartfast

Also issued a bunch of warnings about personal attacks. Yes I know, "he started it", but it just lowers the level of discourse to reply in kind. And it's a violation of the terms of service.

And for the record calling someone a troll is considered a personal attack here. If you think someone is trolling then use the Report button, lower left.

Sorry, Not sorry. Take a look at the number of Superchargers across our Canadian landscape. All good things come to those who wait. For some of us, somewhat longer than others. But we adapt. The cars--and the environmental benefits--are worth it.

Haha, this is the opposite of NIMBY. :rolleyes: I fail to see how the political insults fit in though; I see and hear more than enough of that being near DC.

Trying to be at least somewhat constructive:
  • Based on other threads I've read here, I think many people prefer to avoid gratuitous politics on this forum.
  • If you want a supercharger near you, just (POLITELY) ask a local landlord to submit a request or proposal to Tesla. And then, as noted above, stand in line -- if and when Tesla thinks it makes sense to build a charger there, they will.
  • If you want level 2 charging at your apartment/condo complex (if you live in one and can't install it yourself), just (POLITELY) ask your landlord.
I know that's oversimplifying things, but it beats a "Screw Tesla" rant.
It's,