Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh Model S Tint / PPF / Ceramic Photos & Info

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As more people have been getting their new Model S LR & Plaids, there has often been questions about tint, PPF, and ceramic in the Delivery Update threads asking for information and photos. So figured I'd try to start a dedicated thread for owners to post photos and information about their tint, PPF, and ceramic for the benefit of other members.

So to start things off, here is my Plaid with full Xpel Ultimate Ultra PPF on entire car, with Xpel Prime XR Plus tint (55% windshield, 30% fronts, 20% rears), and Ceramic Pro PPF/Vinyl coating (please feel free to ask if you want any specific details or photos):

4C74714D-210C-4913-9AE7-B56A4393C112_1_201_a.jpeg

15BF1FC2-6E2F-4264-BE7C-D315E9EFE2B0_1_201_a.jpeg

7ED0FE47-5DE2-45E2-BF59-79EE4F0759A2_1_201_a.jpeg

I'm also happy to share quotes that I got for these various services in the Orange County area for anyone that is interested.

As more people have been getting their new Model S LR & Plaids, there has often been questions about tint, PPF, and ceramic in the Delivery Update threads asking for information and photos. So figured I'd try to start a dedicated thread for owners to post photos and information about their tint, PPF, and ceramic for the benefit of other members.

So to start things off, here is my Plaid with full Xpel Ultimate Ultra PPF on entire car, with Xpel Prime XR Plus tint (55% windshield, 30% fronts, 20% rears), and Ceramic Pro PPF/Vinyl coating (please feel free to ask if you want any specific details or photos):

View attachment 692210

View attachment 692211

View attachment 692213

I'm also happy to share quotes that I got for these various services in the Orange County area for anyone that is interested.
Did you coat your emblems as well? I have a black on black with arachnids in the shop right now getting ceramic and tint and am considering blacking out the emblems and Plaid logo.

Did you coat your emblems as well? I have a black on black with arachnids in the shop right now getting ceramic and tint and am considering blacking out the emblems and Plaid logo.
For the front emblem, I got a carbon fiber direct replacement (just 3 screws to change it) from Amazon:
A82B3AFE-AF6D-4A2B-A45E-3911CDDFAE83_1_201_a.jpeg

For the rear, I ordered a gloss black plastic replacement emblem from eBay:
E29F02B2-446F-4261-8305-EEEE9BF75303.jpeg

I also ordered a carbon fiber rear emblem from eBay, but haven't received it yet. Will update if I install it.

The detail shop did apply a coat of ceramic over the emblems.

View attachment 692210

View attachment 692211

View attachment 692213

Congrats, looking sharp! Which shop in OC did the work? I’d love to hear how much you paid for the different services they offered you, if you don’t mind sharing.

Congrats, looking sharp! Which shop in OC did the work? I’d love to hear how much you paid for the different services they offered you, if you don’t mind sharing.

I ended up getting my PPF & tint from Executint OC in Mission Viejo, $4995 for full car Xpel Ultimate Plus, $695 for Xpel Prime XR Plus on all windows, with $325 additional for windshield. I would give tint job 5 stars, PPF 4.5 stars (few small defects and a couple edges that aren't perfect, but most people wouldn't notice). They do not do ceramic coating.

I did ceramic coating through Ultimate Custom Car Care in Tustin, $790 for 1 layer Ceramic Pro PPF/Vinyl plus 1 layer top coat (includes wheel faces and calipers, as well as all glass), plus $150 for interior ceramic coating.

Here's a spreadsheet I compiled when getting quotes for all the services if you are interested:
2021 Tesla Model S Tint PPF Ceramic (OC)

I ended up getting my PPF & tint from Executint OC in Mission Viejo, $4995 for full car Xpel Ultimate Plus, $695 for Xpel Prime XR Plus on all windows, with $325 additional for windshield. I would give tint job 5 stars, PPF 4.5 stars (few small defects and a couple edges that aren't perfect, but most people wouldn't notice). They do not do ceramic coating.

I did ceramic coating through Ultimate Custom Car Care in Tustin, $790 for 1 layer Ceramic Pro PPF/Vinyl plus 1 layer top coat (includes wheel faces and calipers, as well as all glass), plus $150 for interior ceramic coating.

Here's a spreadsheet I compiled when getting quotes for all the services if you are interested:
2021 Tesla Model S Tint PPF Ceramic (OC)
Thank you so much for sharing!

Can you share the links to the badges you ordered?
Front emblem: https://www.amazon.com/CoolKo-Patte...la+model+s+front+emblem&qid=1628295890&sr=8-5

Rear emblem is from eBay, search item number: 333805200162

Front emblem fits very well, and is good quality (make sure you have the torx bit to change out the emblem, there are 2 screws from the top, and one behind that needs a 90-degree wrench to reach more easily).

Rear emblem curve doesn't exactly match the curve of the trunk, so the very bottom doesn't sit completely flush (you can see if you zoom in on my photo above).

Front emblem: https://www.amazon.com/CoolKo-Patte...la+model+s+front+emblem&qid=1628295890&sr=8-5

Rear emblem is from eBay, search item number: 333805200162

Front emblem fits very well, and is good quality (make sure you have the torx bit to change out the emblem, there are 2 screws from the top, and one behind that needs a 90-degree wrench to reach more easily).

Rear emblem curve doesn't exactly match the curve of the trunk, so the very bottom doesn't sit completely flush (you can see if you zoom in on my photo above).
Front CF emblem ordered. THX. Found a rear CF one on amazon as well. Fingers crossed that works.

Great looking car by the way! Mine arrives this coming week and will be heading straight to the shop for PPF and tint as well.

Cheers!

Front CF emblem ordered. THX. Found a rear CF one on amazon as well. Fingers crossed that works.

Great looking car by the way! Mine arrives this coming week and will be heading straight to the shop for PPF and tint as well.

Cheers!
I also ordered another CF rear emblem from eBay (item number 234095119903). It was actually a emblem cover, meaning it is hollow behind it and covers OVER your existing stock emblem (stuck onto the stock emblem using 3M tape), it does look fine, but is slightly larger than the stock emblem (given it is a cover). Just FYI.

I also ordered another CF rear emblem from eBay (item number 234095119903). It was actually a emblem cover, meaning it is hollow behind it and covers OVER your existing stock emblem (stuck onto the stock emblem using 3M tape), it does look fine, but is slightly larger than the stock emblem (given it is a cover). Just FYI.
Can you post pics when you get them on? Interested to see the fit.

Looking amazing! How much did that run you, if you don't mind me asking?
A lot! In respect to the shop that did the work (and not trying to be a jerk) I would like to keep our negotiated price to myself.

Please feel free to give them a call for a quote...

A lot! In respect to the shop that did the work (and not trying to be a jerk) I would like to keep our negotiated price to myself.

Please feel free to give them a call for a quote...

Thanks, do they do referrals? I could tell them you sent me ;)

Reactions: rdmdriving