Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh Seat Height

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jaguar36

Apr 10, 2014
NJ
I'm coming from a 2017 S P100D to a Plaid, and it seems like the seats have gotten significantly higher. Has anyone else noticed this? I assume the windshield angle and roof height is all the same, but I swear I'm sitting higher now.

I'm coming from a 2017 S P100D to a Plaid, and it seems like the seats have gotten significantly higher. Has anyone else noticed this? I assume the windshield angle and roof height is all the same, but I swear I'm sitting higher now.
Even if you lower the seat entirely to the floor? Been only in my refreshed S for a little while before dropping it off to detail work, but it seemed similar.

Dumb thought incoming, but you think the yoke has anything to do with it? Simply perception without a top part?

Even if you lower the seat entirely to the floor? Been only in my refreshed S for a little while before dropping it off to detail work, but it seemed similar.

Dumb thought incoming, but you think the yoke has anything to do with it? Simply perception without a top part?
Yep, with the seat all the way down. I don't think the yoke matters, I'm looking at the top of the windshield and it seems way lower than it used too.

Reactions: cwanja
Yep, with the seat all the way down. I don't think the yoke matters, I'm looking at the top of the windshield and it seems way lower than it used too.
Interesting, will see if I can feel anything different when I get my car back. "Overall height" has not changed on the car and I do not think they have changed the windshield dimensions either.

Headroom did increase by an inch in the front and almost three inches in the back.

Yes they are higher. New Battery pack which is prepared for 4680 size plus they moved the seats more forward, shortened the dash, resulting in a more nimble feel , better visibility over the hood and much more legroom for the second row.

• Informative
Reactions: cwanja