Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Regenerative braking vs brake pedal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Agreed on all of the above. I find it amusing that occasionally people will complain about the feel of the regen. I actually get slightly annoyed when I have to push the brake. It's become a challenge to see if I can make one set of pads last forever. I find myself often debating if I should turn off 'creep' to get even just a little more regen when slowing. :p
Try living without creep mode unless you live amongst hills or in San Francisco. If you have (H)old mode, so it asap and see if you can break the habit. A vehicle that inches forward when releasing the brake is more of a hazard than a convenience the way I see it, especially if people are so close to the vehicle in front of them while stopped that they cannot see the bottom of said vehicle's rear tires.

Reactions: Ciaopec
Try living without creep mode unless you live amongst hills or in San Francisco. If you have (H)old mode, so it asap and see if you can break the habit. A vehicle that inches forward when releasing the brake is more of a hazard than a convenience the way I see it, especially if people are so close to the vehicle in front of them while stopped that they cannot see the bottom of said vehicle's rear tires.
Totally agree. I just tried creep mode for the first time today and couldn't wait to turn it off. It might make starting off a little smoother, but I didn't like it. Much prefer Hold.

Reactions: Ciaopec

Yea, you hit it. I'm in the Bay Area and regularly commute to SF, which is the primary reason I keep creepin'. I am a HUGE fan of hold though. Probably use it on 95% of my stops. But I may try free wheelin' for a day or so just to see the range difference.

Using creep also reduces range. I have always used it because all my life I have been driving ICE cars and it seemed more familiar. With new FSD advances, especially responding to traffic lights, I think I will turn it off.