Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Registered Keeper and company car

Company cars only.. who is the registered keeper and address for your car?

• Driver and driver’s home address

• Driver and company’s address

• Company and driver’s home address

• Company and company’s address

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I guess in my situation:
Business Hire purchase
Car used for businesses AND personal (commuting and enjoying the model 3! :D)
Car kept at home overnight and at work when I’m there..

it seems sensible for the car to be registered at my home address ( this doesn’t matter as much as you can change any time with no issues!) as it makes it easier for Insurance..

the business is obviously the owner

and me as the driver being the registered keeper.

the logic follows.. waiting for the other shoe to drop :confused:
When you say HP thats a lease or PCP of some kind is it? don't the lease companies usually insist the V5 is in their name/address n most cases? presumably to make it harder for anyone to illegally sell it out from under them I assume?

When you say HP thats a lease or PCP of some kind is it? don't the lease companies usually insist the V5 is in their name/address n most cases? presumably to make it harder for anyone to illegally sell it out from under them I assume?
HP or Hire Purchase is basically a business PCP without a balloon.
Effectively it’s a bit like a loan and you pay it monthly down and at the end the asset is yours. (The company’s in this case).
In some cases it can also have the balloon payment and that’s to reduce the monthly payment.
The “difference” is that at the end you CANNOT return the car (like in a pcp) you can only basically sell it and pay them off or keep it.

this was the preferred way of buying cars before pcp became so famous...

My broker said they really couldn’t care less about the V5C... he said Company or Driver on V5C, either is fine as it’s not proof of ownership!

my concern was purely on the logistical side of things AND HMRC...

So....
I know I should really ask my accountant but we’re a bit in a beef atm... (that’s a long story..) so I’ll double check with him later but for now..

How is everyone registering company cars (V5C wise..)

I am purchasing with company and the company would be the owner once finance is cleared.
But I had initially put down myself and my home address as the registered keeper for V5C ( I am on of the directors and the car will be used for business and personal).

But after reading some posts, I am thinking I am wrong and the company should be registered keeper and the address should be the registered company address?

but at the same time the car will be kept at my house overnight not at the business address (thinking insurance wise as well, since registered address and kept overnight address should be the same..)

What is everyone doing?

Are there any regulations on this or is it just preference?

Blueskye, Did you ever get this resolved?
I am having the same issue and as I am using my no claims discount with the insurance company, I need the car to be registered to myself as the keeper.