Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Registration in Texas - Registration Packet

Saxgod

Thread Necromancer
May 3, 2019
Texas
Greetings:

Picked my Model Y June 26th at the peak of 2nd quarter delivery extravaganza. 3 week later we couldnt be happier with the vehicle. My only issue is our local credit union wrote what they are calling a "90 day letter" which is pretty much a normal car loan but with the exception that if they dont receive a title in 90 days the loan turns into an unsecure loan.

My question: For those who live in Texas, how long did it take for you to receive your registration paperwork? I have had 2 different tracking labels generated on my account so far both for overnight delivery but neither of them are making into a Fedex truck...

Thanks for reading, just trying to quell some of my anxiety of getting this thing registered and titled. :oops:

longhorn8847

Aug 29, 2020
Arlington, Texas
For your reference, I took delivery of my M3 on 6/19. Received and registered my vehicle on 7/13 at Tarrant county. I dont know if paying full in cash matters in getting the doc faster but I paid in cash so def had less paper. When I took my MY last year, it also did take about 3 weeks. Hope it helps!

Saxgod

Thread Necromancer
May 3, 2019
Texas
For your reference, I took delivery of my M3 on 6/19. Received and registered my vehicle on 7/13 at Tarrant county. I dont know if paying full in cash matters in getting the doc faster but I paid in cash so def had less paper. When I took my MY last year, it also did take about 3 weeks. Hope it helps!
Thanks Longhorn! It definitely helps. I appreciate the feedback.

Saxgod

Thread Necromancer
May 3, 2019
Texas
Good news, received the packet today. Just figured I would update this in case there were others waiting on their packets.

6/26 purchase 7/20 packet.

Reactions: longhorn8847

T_Gravity

Apr 5, 2021
Houston, Texas
Took the delivery on June 21, love the car and it is a blast to drive. The only thing I hate about this whole process is the registration. Granted it is not entirely Tesla fault but, at the same time, it is just annoying that they really don't give a damn about anyone's situation.

I repeatedly called them and asked them to either expediate the paperwork to me or if there is anyway I can pick up my paperwork at the delivery center before I left the state, due to my work reasons, I am gone now wont be able to go back to Texas until October, they sent the paperwork to my current address on July 15, I only have like 6 days to ship the package to Texas for mail in registration which I did but, on the application that Tesla filled and signed, there was a column for the applicant to sign and it clearly was mentioned that printing the name is same as signature. Apparently, Texas Tax office would not accept it and now I have to go in person to register it and I have to pay the 10% penalty when ever I am able to register.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC