Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Remove email address user driver profile

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there a way to remove my email address from my main profile so my name is the only thing showing? Tried to delete my profile so my email address will not show under my name but unable to do it.
Can’t you just create another profile and set that as master? I had it thst way before new Tesla userid showed up. It will still be there in list but not displayed all the time when driving.

Upvote 0
Can’t you just create another profile and set that as master? I had it that way before new Tesla userid showed up. It will still be there in list but not displayed all the time when driving.
I was unable to do this. I'm not saying it's impossible but it was why I then tried to delete the cloud profile and was unable to do that too. It would be great if you found a solution!

I think their reasoning was that once you set up a cloud profile attached to your Tesla account (identified by email address) then you will want to have that profile over-ride all local profiles. This is probably true when you rent a Tesla. It also makes sense that you can't delete the cloud profile from the car since you don't want someone else to fiddle with the screen and delete your cloud profile. But then we are left in this funny situation where your cloud profile is the one profile to rule them all.

In Elon's long interview with Tesla Owners of Silicon Valley he made it clear that he sees failure of FSD as an existential threat to Tesla. So I imagine most other software issues like this will keep limping along until FSD is robo-taxi ready. Not ideal but I can live with it. IMHO Tesla ownership is more enjoyable when you lower your expectations about software improvements and fixes.

Upvote 0
Is there a way to remove my email address from my main profile so my name is the only thing showing? Tried to delete my profile so my email address will not show under my name but unable to do it.
I want to make sure this original question wasn't misunderstood. When you mean "remove" your email address, do you just not want it shown on the UI making the screen simply look cluttered? If so, the answer is of course yes. You just go into the driver profile settings, then under "Name" in the fillable right portion of the screen you just remove the email address, and type in whatever you want shown. This retains the cloud profile email address on the left hand side but overrides what is shown on the screen.

Upvote 0
No option to delete other than name

Attachments

• 2EFF0A9A-6ED4-4DDF-AB46-C9276562E5DF.jpeg
    2EFF0A9A-6ED4-4DDF-AB46-C9276562E5DF.jpeg
    401.7 KB · Views: 714
  • 15666C42-B086-45F5-8397-3978DA3D94AC.jpeg
    15666C42-B086-45F5-8397-3978DA3D94AC.jpeg
    351.4 KB · Views: 288
Upvote 0
I want to make sure this original question wasn't misunderstood. When you mean "remove" your email address, do you just not want it shown on the UI making the screen simply look cluttered? If so, the answer is of course yes. You just go into the driver profile settings, then under "Name" in the fillable right portion of the screen you just remove the email address, and type in whatever you want shown. This retains the cloud profile email address on the left hand side but overrides what is shown on the screen.
Well that was simple.

Upvote 0