Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Renaissance Wax

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As many know Renaissance Wax -- noted for its Microcrystalline structure (see link below) -- was developed by the British Museum to protect coins, sword, parchment, armor... whatever. On their web page is a list of applications, at the bottom of which is "cars". So, after doing my sword collection, then my Charleville Musket, I did one mirror on my Tesla and let it sit in the So. Ca. sun for a week. The wax is still there. Just as hard as when I put it on.

"A brand of microcrystalline wax, Renaissance Wax, is also used extensively in museum and conservation settings... It was developed by The British Museum in the 1950s to replace the potentially unstable natural waxes that were previously used such as beeswax and carnauba. "

So, just did my front "clip". Working my way around the car. It is HARD once dry. And, cannot be slobbered on like ordinary wax. Thin application. Hand buffed. After dry, another application etc. to increase optical yahoo. Will report back. BTW the 200ml can will probably do three or four cars.

Renaissance Wax - Wikipedia

Register Login
Back to Tesla Model 3

• Informative
Reactions: cbaaz
Interesting idea. I did a very brief search for reviews. I found lots of positive reviews for using it on swords, statues, and other museum type of items, but little info on using it on car paint.

One note of caution. Apparently this wax is manufactured from petroleum. If you have any PPF on your Tesla, I would avoid applying this to the PPF. My Xpel PPF care instructions say to avoid any waxes that have a high concentration of petroleum distillates.