Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Repair experience, Karl Vella (The Vella Group)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I unfortunately crash my Model Y this weekend and it is in need of repairs. Looks like the passenger door has a dint and the back wheel is "sticking out" even when the steering wheel is straight.

My insurance is with Admiral and I did want to go with either of the below -

Fylde Coast Accident Repair Centre (Blackpool) or​

Parkway Prestige (Manchester)​

However Admiral are saying they only work with Karl Vella (The Vella Group) as an approved repairer. Looking on the Tesla website and Google there are some really negative reviews for the garage, but it seems like I'm being forced to use them.

Has anyone else had any experience with them?

Thanks in advance!

Car 2.jpg

Damage to the rear wheel / suspension will not in itself cause your steering wheel to move out of alignment.

Rear wheel at a jaunty angle does though suggest some serious damage.

Most insurance companies will allow you to go to your preferred repairer if you obtain quotes from two bodyshops and your preference isn't hugely out of cilter cost wise.

You will loose access to a loan vehicle however, which having read some of the horror stories re parts supply keeping Tesla's off the road for months may be a more significant consideration than is ordinary the case.

Damage to the rear wheel / suspension will not in itself cause your steering wheel to move out of alignment.

Rear wheel at a jaunty angle does though suggest some serious damage.

Most insurance companies will allow you to go to your preferred repairer if you obtain quotes from two bodyshops and your preference isn't hugely out of cilter cost wise.

You will loose access to a loan vehicle however, which having read some of the horror stories re parts supply keeping Tesla's off the road for months may be a more significant consideration than is ordinary the case.
Appreciate the response.

I should have explained better, the steering wheel is fine just the rear wheel at an angle. Insurance did mention the loan car issue (I think to convince me to go with their garage) but the negative reviews both on the Tesla website and carious other sites is massively putting me off their approved garage (Karl Vella).

I've spoken with Parkway Prestige and the lady was honest and said she'd be surprised if my car was back with me before the end of June due to parts taking a while, like you say.