Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Repair Nightmare...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a model Y 2021 someone rear ended me in November I went to the local certified Tesla repair shop, they ordered all the parts needed for the repair (the main piece being the LIFTGATE). A month later everything is delivered then I get a phone call from the shop they say the LIFTGATE has been damaged during shipping and that LIFTGATE is now on backorder with no delivery date available, what's more alarming is that he said that is a usual problem with Tesla parts lots of them arrive damaged?! If that the case Tesla needs to do better so the part don't arrive banged up. :rolleyes:

You can try contacting this email address and seeing if they can help you. Its one I found here on TMC previously. I havent needed to use it but I believe a few have.
=================================
For Body shop or collision repair issues, you can get a Tesla Body Shop Customer Advocate to assist you by emailing us ([email protected]) or calling 877-798-3752 (press 2, then 4)

• Helpful
Reactions: mwdietertg
Took 2 months to get all parts & work done for my hatch.

Waited two weeks for parts. Disassembled vehicle and found more damage. Waited another 2 weeks for parts. Waited 2 weeks for my turn in “line”. Couldn’t find original hatch and they somehow found one in just over a week. Then 2.5 days for all repairs to be done. Total cost to repair a 3 MPH bump was $12K. Rental coverage only lasted 45 days, fortunately we had a spare car.

Good luck!

I guess the Model Y liftgate must get damaged easily in transportation or something. I got rear-ended this past October. My timeline is as follows:

10/2: Got rear-ended on highway. Besides dented liftgate and lower bumper, no other exterior visible damage. Car is drivable.
10/4: Got an initial estimate from Tesla certified body shop of about $4,200.
10/6: 4 parts apparently got ordered (I got an email from Tesla).
11/6: The last part ordered on 10/6 (Liftgate) arrive at body shop. Appointment made for 12/3 to bring car to shop. (I guess they are really busy)
12/3: Drop off car at body shop.
12/6: I was informed there are some structural damage and it needs to be moved to another location because the location near me can't do structural repairs.
12/22: Updated estimate of around $6,500 approved by insurance. Additional parts ordered.
12/28: Got an email from Tesla for 3 parts on order, including another Liftgate. I emailed the body shop about it and got a reply that the first one was damaged and another one had to be ordered.

I was going to ask how or where the first liftgate got damaged, but decided against it since it's highly possible that they give me an answer that would just piss me off and there was nothing that could be done anyway. At this point I just want my car back. I got the car on 9/1 and so far only drove it without damaged liftgate for one month. Drove around with dented liftgate for 2 months and have been driving crappy rental cars since 12/3. I'm envious of @C-Bus Y only waiting 2 months to get the car fixed! LOL! 😭

Reactions: C-Bus Y
Took 2 months to get all parts & work done for my hatch.

Waited two weeks for parts. Disassembled vehicle and found more damage. Waited another 2 weeks for parts. Waited 2 weeks for my turn in “line”. Couldn’t find original hatch and they somehow found one in just over a week. Then 2.5 days for all repairs to be done. Total cost to repair a 3 MPH bump was $12K. Rental coverage only lasted 45 days, fortunately we had a spare car.

Good luck!
Did you go to a certified shop or Tesla repair center, the Tesla guys at the San Juan Capistrano, California repair center said they have a faster access to parts…

I guess the Model Y liftgate must get damaged easily in transportation or something. I got rear-ended this past October. My timeline is as follows:

10/2: Got rear-ended on highway. Besides dented liftgate and lower bumper, no other exterior visible damage. Car is drivable.
10/4: Got an initial estimate from Tesla certified body shop of about $4,200.
10/6: 4 parts apparently got ordered (I got an email from Tesla).
11/6: The last part ordered on 10/6 (Liftgate) arrive at body shop. Appointment made for 12/3 to bring car to shop. (I guess they are really busy)
12/3: Drop off car at body shop.
12/6: I was informed there are some structural damage and it needs to be moved to another location because the location near me can't do structural repairs.
12/22: Updated estimate of around $6,500 approved by insurance. Additional parts ordered.
12/28: Got an email from Tesla for 3 parts on order, including another Liftgate. I emailed the body shop about it and got a reply that the first one was damaged and another one had to be ordered.

I was going to ask how or where the first liftgate got damaged, but decided against it since it's highly possible that they give me an answer that would just piss me off and there was nothing that could be done anyway. At this point I just want my car back. I got the car on 9/1 and so far only drove it without damaged liftgate for one month. Drove around with dented liftgate for 2 months and have been driving crappy rental cars since 12/3. I'm envious of @C-Bus Y only waiting 2 months to get the car fixed! LOL! 😭
Holy crap I hope 🤞🏻 this won’t be my experience but so far not so good…

Holy crap I hope 🤞🏻 this won’t be my experience but so far not so good…
Well, I just got confirmation that the 2nd liftgate arrived in worse shape than the first one, so they'll need to order another. Kind of unbelievable. Not sure if the problem is due to bad packaging on Tesla's part or bad transportation (TForce Freight on the first one and FedEx 2nd Day Freight on the second). I know FedEx has been pretty much garbage across the board since the start of pandemic, so I get concerned every time I see FedEx as the shipper for anything. Fingers crossed that 3rd time is the charm for that damn liftgate!

Reactions: C-Bus Y
Did you go to a certified shop or Tesla repair center, the Tesla guys at the San Juan Capistrano, California repair center said they have a faster access to parts…
Certified shop, call another reputable shop in the area and they flat out refused to touch it…what??

Forgot to mention that I had to wait 1.5 months before the certified shop could even take my car because they are so busy. Total time between accident and final repair was almost 4 months.