Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Repair time for Tesla Service?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Purchased a new Fremont made Model Y at the end of August. A few weeks into ownership I noticed a few problems. Both pillars cameras stopped working, no microphone (for voice commands), no audio from back speakers and ticking noise when a/c on. Scheduled a service appointment, they did a quick test drive and rescheduled an appointment for Sept 26 so they could order parts. Showed up on Sept 26, they said parts were in hand and it would be 2-3 days for repairs. No loaner, uber credits.

Its now been two weeks, the app shows they are still "preparing", left three messages for status updates, no responses even on app. Uber credits have expired, so now I'm walking/biking everywhere.

How long should it take Tesla Service center to repair these problems?

I've been waiting close to a month for what is probably a simpler problem than yours. Brand new Model S long range. I reported the problem on the day of the delivery. Not sure what to tell you, except to keep very detailed records and ask them to reimburse you for the lost time, use, and value, regardless if you're making monthly payments, or paid cash.

You should have gotten a loaner. I did, but a very smelly and dirty loaner.

Purchased a new Fremont made Model Y at the end of August. A few weeks into ownership I noticed a few problems. Both pillars cameras stopped working, no microphone (for voice commands), no audio from back speakers and ticking noise when a/c on. Scheduled a service appointment, they did a quick test drive and rescheduled an appointment for Sept 26 so they could order parts. Showed up on Sept 26, they said parts were in hand and it would be 2-3 days for repairs. No loaner, uber credits.

Its now been two weeks, the app shows they are still "preparing", left three messages for status updates, no responses even on app. Uber credits have expired, so now I'm walking/biking everywhere.

How long should it take Tesla Service center to repair these problems?
Was this problem ever fixed?

Dropped off Model Y on Sept 26, picked up on Oct 24. Only the audio issue was fixed and the vehicle was filthy. All other issues "could not be duplicated" even though I was able to point them out on the day I dropped it off. Rattling noises are constant, climate still makes ticking noises, side pillar cams keep going out. Been living with these issues daily.