Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Replacing brakes and rotors on 2018 Tesla Model S 100D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have '17 S and I have 55k and my brakes started screeching. Service quoted me 2300 for all 4. I asked how did all 4 go out at same time. I have rwd. Anyway manager came out and said oh we can do the front only for $1220... I went with that as I wasn't sure how much brake parts and labor costs these days. But seemed like way more than other cars and other than the parts there's nothing unique about Tesla right?? Anyway next time I'll find a reputable shop. It's too expensive. This was in Dublin. Ca , today March 25, 24...
I don't even know that the parts are that unique... The Brembo front pads I bought from Amazon for my 15' I believe are also listed as fitting a couple Cadillac models...

That's a terrible deal. My car has 204k miles on it with the factory brake pads from 2014.

I do need to get around to turning the rotors but that's $20 each if I just take the rotors to the machine shop.

Don't waste your money by going to the stealership to get unnecessary work done.