Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Replacing cabin air filter and cleaning evaporator fins in 2021-2022 MS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you get it? My car is scheduled for delivery Friday.
Yep. Fits much better than the first prototype. They will get a production batch going and it may take a few weeks given their pipeline. But I’d strongly recommend anyone who wants it ping Alan @ filterwears dot com and that may get this moving sooner for y’all

But buy that shower dam on Amazon. It’s holding really well under the hood (wiped down with rubbing alcohol before sticking)

Attachments

• IMG_2833.jpeg
    IMG_2833.jpeg
    457 KB · Views: 121
Yep. Fits much better than the first prototype. They will get a production batch going and it may take a few weeks given their pipeline. But I’d strongly recommend anyone who wants it ping Alan @ filterwears dot com and that may get this moving sooner for y’all

But buy that shower dam on Amazon. It’s holding really well under the hood (wiped down with rubbing alcohol before sticking)
Sorry. I missed your previous picture. Looks great. Can you send link for the shower dam or what exactly to type in?

Really your fix is two fold though right.
1. The sock is for humidity and rain water that seemingly comes in.
2. The shower dam is purely for rain water.

Fair?

Regardless, popped an email off to Alan.

Really your fix is two fold though right.
1. The sock is for humidity and rain water that seemingly comes in.
2. The shower dam is purely for rain water.

Fair?

Regardless, popped an email off to Alan.
They’re overlapping solutions as I see it.
1. Stop water with the dam - any water from entering the hood area.
2. If any water does make its way in there (say I get massively splashed by oncoming traffic) and it overwhelms the shower dam, then the sock takes care of it.

Under light rain conditions, the dam should be just fine, but I hate that stink so much that I went double!

Reactions: Bull and cwanja
Amazing! Now if Tesla would just fix that *sugar*
I went out again later in the day and got caught in a massive cloudburst for a good 10 miles. Water everywhere on the road, tons of water pooling and splashing everywhere

Got back home and realized I probably need to extend the shower dam all along the underside of the hood not just the open area. Because a little water was still getting to the hood outside of where the rubber dam was.

Still, the sock held up like a champ and the intake was bone dry!

• Love
Reactions: cwanja
Drove through some regular rain today for about half an hour. Wipers were running proper too. 2 drops happened and I’m not sure they didn’t get there when I opened the hood!.
So I won’t be able to get the sock for a few weeks until they are available. I ordered the dam and I can install that when i get my car. My question for you would be what can I do to prevent any water from entering while I wait for the sock. I ordered some pre filter sheeting from amazon. Do you think I could just tape that over the intake vents or should I take the vents off and try and tape it over the filter itself?

So I won’t be able to get the sock for a few weeks until they are available. I ordered the dam and I can install that when i get my car. My question for you would be what can I do to prevent any water from entering while I wait for the sock. I ordered some pre filter sheeting from amazon. Do you think I could just tape that over the intake vents or should I take the vents off and try and tape it over the filter itself?
Yeah some prefilter taped should work in the short term until the sock comes.

The shower dam should be great by itself unless you get hit with a cloudburst

Would this ruin a hood that has ppf installed? Usually the ppf is tucked under the lip off the hood where this would be mounted.
I’m not sure I understand the question. Why would the shower dam ruin ppf even if it were stuck on top of it.

My hood has ppf too and the lip is barely a quarter of an inch if that at all. The shower dam is well inside it so it doesn’t foul with the wiper arm.

I’m not sure I understand the question. Why would the shower dam ruin ppf even if it were stuck on top of it.

My hood has ppf too and the lip is barely a quarter of an inch if that at all. The shower dam is well inside it so it doesn’t foul with the wiper arm.
It seems like the shower dam adhesive would make contact with the ppf that is wrapped around the edges under the hood. I hope I make sense. 😂
Is there a specific shower dam you used?