Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Replacing cabin air filter and cleaning evaporator fins in 2021-2022 MS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s been several weeks since the shower dam and the air intake sock. I’m pleased to report that despite several rainy drives, not one drop entered the air intake!

Hurrah!
Thats awesome! Great job hopefully finding permanent solutions. So far no smell on my model 3 or S and have also had serious rain storms. I’ve popped the frunk on both cars and there is water down the sides but the air intake appears dry so i think the Barrier is doing most of the work.

Reactions: MFrunkerOG
I took my 2022 S in to the service center this week and they replaced the HEPA assembly, but the part on the invoice is 1750575-80-B not 170575-00-C. I asked what the difference was and they didn't know... he said he couldn't find 170575-00-C in their system but I clearly see it on Tesla's online parts manual and I can't find anything about 1750575-80-B. Does anyone know if this may be an issue or if, perhaps, it's the right part?

I took my 2022 S in to the service center this week and they replaced the HEPA assembly, but the part on the invoice is 1750575-80-B not 170575-00-C. I asked what the difference was and they didn't know... he said he couldn't find 170575-00-C in their system but I clearly see it on Tesla's online parts manual and I can't find anything about 1750575-80-B. Does anyone know if this may be an issue or if, perhaps, it's the right part?
I don't think a new assembly is going to make that much of a difference. if enough water enters the air intake it's going to get the filter wet and then start smelling.

Reactions: MFrunkerOG
I don't think a new assembly is going to make that much of a difference. if enough water enters the air intake it's going to get the filter wet and then start smelling.
I get that and I’ve installed the dam, a temporary pre-filter while I await the filterwears sock. I’m just wondering if the assembly is a contributing factor and, if so, if I have the wrong one. I noticed earlier in the thread someone had posted both part numbers and was told to go with the 00-C part which was $300 cheaper than the 80-B part. I never saw my original assembly but this assembly does appear to have some drainage channels before it hits the filter but it seems like the filter could still get wet, hence I’m going to still do with the dam and sock protection.

I should. Couple questions. Which post was the barrier info in? And did you try to salvage the filter by cleaning it out or drying it out?
I’m using this one
QYDKWK 78 Inch Shower Dam Shower... Amazon.com

Go back a few pages here to see photos

I did try to salvage my old filter by keeping it in the sun for 2 days and also using the foam cleaner on it, but it became a choice between smelling crap and smelling chemicals, so just went with a new filter assembly too

Reactions: yerEVan
Product is live now.