Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Requesting assistance with setting up media streaming via Wi-Fi

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello OP @Murray C.

I think there might be some of us here that would be willing to type up something to help you, however we dont know what you are asking for (see the other 2 posts before mine).

Since you mention you are "an absolute luddite", I would suggest saying what you are actually trying to do, in regular language, and we might be better able to help.

For example. "i am trying to figure out how to connect my phone to my car so I can listen to the music it is playing while I drive", or "I am trying to figure out how to use the cars built in spotify on the screen in the car, so that I can stream music while not using my phone". Or 'I dont have premium connectivity because I am not paying for that, and am trying to find out how to stream music while using my phones data connection.

I suspect based on what you said, what you are trying to do is that third thing ("I dont have premium connectivity, and want to use the data plan on my phone (as a hotspot) to stream spotify or youtube in the car via the screen"). If thats the case, there are some threads here about it, but at a high level its:

1. Activate hotspot feature on your phone
2. While in park, touch the wifi icon on your car to connect your car to the phone as a wifi device.
3. while still in park, verify that you can browse the internet using the cars web browser while connected to the phones hotspot feature (1 time setup to verify this is working).
4. Now that you have verified that the car is using the phones wifi, you can put the car in drive, THEN BEFORE YOU DRIVE OFF, RE CONNECT TO THE PHONES HOTSPOT IN THE CAR"

(in caps because the car auto disconnects from the hotspot, and you will have to re connect).

Reactions: Gasaraki