Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Returned car.. issues with refund anyone?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just to provide an update... I got my refund back after 2 months.

Lessons learned:

Don’t give the benefit of the doubt about them processing your refund in a timely manner. I waited a few weeks before reaching out...

Consistently follow up through multiple channels, email, phone, online chat. Which I did but it didn’t help.

Escalate escalate escalate after a period of beyond normal processing time.

I went as far as opening a case with the BBB before I receiving my first contact from a supervisor, whom actually never reach back out to me after initial contact...

Customer service sucks but I still bought a P3D+! Purchasing experience was not great too!! What are we doing?!?! Lol

• Informative
Reactions: russelljohnson
Got my refund! Returned on 4/26/2019, saw credit back on bank and credit card on 5/30/2019. Finally! It toook over 30 days, but under 45 days. I did chat and email with Tesla suppport, as well as asking for my delivery advisor and sales advisor to help find my refund status on a weekly basis.

I can now enjoy my 2nd model 3, which I picked up yesterday!

Soo happy for you!! New car in good condition??

I returned my SR+ yesterday because Buena Park SC refused to replace the defected inside rearview mirror.
They said the car has been driven more than 100 miles, the interior part won't be cover by warranty.
Also, the vehicle was delivered to me without the hood emblem on 5/10/2019.
There were minor paint issues here and there that I expected already. The trunk and door weatherstrips are pinched.
However, everything is minor issues, and I would have kept the vehicle if SC replaces the mirror.
I am going to order another SR+ this week, and I will keep updating the refund status.
Wow that one looks like crap, major paint issues, i would not have accepted that at all.