Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Could Tesla refund the order fee if my loan can’t proceed?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a model 3 and was trying to get loans from my local banks. Tesla has 5.59% on its website which it is too high for me. I got rejected from my local bank, I’m wondering if there is anyway to get the refund back because of that? They assigned me with a vehicle but I was waiting for the bank so got skipped. Anyone have the similar experience?

I mean, it never hurts to ask, but expect the answer to be a resounding "No, sorry we wont do that" as it is spelled out specifically in the order agreement that Tesla feels it has earned that fee already. Especially if you have been assigned a vin, unless some manager breaks teslas stated rules, the answer would ne "no"

============================================

(link to tesla order agreement)

Specific relevant text that says, basically, "no" is the answer to this question.
Tesla Order.PNG

I mean, it never hurts to ask, but expect the answer to be a resounding "No, sorry we wont do that" as it is spelled out specifically in the order agreement that Tesla feels it has earned that fee already. Especially if you have been assigned a vin, unless some manager breaks teslas stated rules, the answer would ne "no"

============================================

(link to tesla order agreement)

Specific relevant text that says, basically, "no" is the answer to this question.
View attachment 931879
Thank you, I understand that is the case by book. Just curious if anyone have different experiences. I appreciate the link and screenshot!

if you search, this forum has lots of threads on low APR car loans. maybe try that? I agree car loans are crazy now. Never giving up my current loan.
Yeah I did, and I actually found some similar rates from my local banks. The thing is I used my credit to help my family for a mortgage years ago, so it is in my portfolio which makes my loan process way more difficult than ever.

What happened to the DCU loan you said you got in 2021 for a tesla, in the DCU thread I locked because of all the referral nonsense? Hopefully you are not comparing rates then to rates now, since quite a bit has changed since then.
Oh yeah, I’m definitely not compare to the old rates. Nowadays you are lucky if you get anything between 3% - 4%. It was an easy process for me when I applied DCU. The banks are more strict now. I missed both the rates and the loan process in general.

You can always just take the easier and higher Tesla rate now and then refi the loan when you get a better deal, rates drop, etc.

Thankfully my house is locked in at 2.75% and my latest Tesla at 3.25% so I'm not complaining about rates.

You can get 4% (or up to 6%) on a high savings these days so that helps besides all the usual longer term investments.

I’ve been a very loyal Tesla driver for 2 years. They contact me to get a new one. I pay the $250 order fee, and I cancel less than 3 hours later when I’m denied a loan through Tesla.

Someone please tell me how that is worth $250?

I’ve been a very loyal Tesla driver for 2 years. They contact me to get a new one. I pay the $250 order fee, and I cancel less than 3 hours later when I’m denied a loan through Tesla.

See post #2 in this thread ( the one I moved your newly created thread to) for a description of exactly why you are not getting a refund. The answer is in the order agreement you electronically submitted when you ordered.

Sorry to hear this.. maybe you can try different banks? I just get mine approved after nearly 2 weeks of back and forth email with lo.