Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Revenge of the Electric Car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
thumbs_up_140910.jpg

Two more pics here:

The Blog

Updates from the car makers were positive: Musk predicts Tesla will be paying off their Department of Energy loan ahead of schedule and sales of cars are up, while Ghosn claimed Nissan has a list of 250,000 people ready to buy the LEAF and his main problem now is that he can't build the cars fast enough to meet the high demand.

At one point Neil said the battery technology is still at the bleeding edge of chemistry and engineering and that "you're not going to see EV semi-tractor trailers on the road any time soon." To which Musk quickly replied, "yes you will." The audience cheered.

Last edited:
That chat afterwards sound fun.

Go Goshen!
One person from the audience asked him what do you say to the person in the pickup truck in middle America that wants a car that can go 300 miles every day? Without hesitation, he said, "I'm not concerned with these people. I can't build enough LEAFs as it is. I don't worry about convincing people that EV's are right for them. Enough people already know that, and I am catering to these people. I have 250,000 people that have already raised their hands and said they want a LEAF. Our biggest problem is not being able to build them fast enough."
"Revenge of the Electric Car" Premiers in New York | PluginCars.com

NYTimes Blogs:
Chris Paine Stages a Discussion of the Electric Cars Future at the Tribeca Film Festival - NYTimes.com

About the panel discussion after the movie:

There was Carlos Ghosn, the Renault-Nissan chairman, sparring with Dan Neil, The Wall Street Journal automotive columnist, over the exact number of so-called hand-raisers for the Nissan Leaf, the Japanese brand’s purely electric car. There was Elon Musk, the outspoken chief executive of Tesla Motors, who seemed withdrawn during the panel but who later engaged audience members in conversations long after Mr. Ghosn, Mr. Neil, Mr. Paine and the actor David Duchovny, who moderated the panel, had retired to the green room.