Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Review for Teslaunch Model 3 Performance Rim Protector

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder if deflating the tire somewhat would make installation easier.

Does it clip between the tire bead and rim? I remember older cars with steel wheels had brushed or chrome trim rings that installed this way and they were always a b*tch to put on.

I wonder if deflating the tire somewhat would make installation easier.

Does it clip between the tire bead and rim? I remember older cars with steel wheels had brushed or chrome trim rings that installed this way and they were always a b*tch to put on.
It clips on edge of rim and between the spokes. No need to deflate the rim. Most of the difficulty is snapping on the clips behind the wheel. If the clip is not aligned properly, it will be too close to the spoke and be impossible to attach. Pic shows a clip that was offset and couldn't be attached.

Attachments

• wheel_Clip.jpg
    wheel_Clip.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 13
  • Informative
Reactions: BigNick
After having them on for almost a week what are your thoughts on these? Do you feel like they will hold up well and also does the vibration cause scratching to the rim at all? I am thinking of ordering a set and using PPF tape under the plastic for extra protection from the rim protector itself.

After having them on for almost a week what are your thoughts on these? Do you feel like they will hold up well and also does the vibration cause scratching to the rim at all? I am thinking of ordering a set and using PPF tape under the plastic for extra protection from the rim protector itself.
Hi... So far so good. The protector latches to rim edge at tire and to back of rim. I haven't seen any scratches or issues so far. I plan to (carefully) remove the rim protector that I used 3M tape, remove the tape and reinstall. Will let you know if I see anything after I totally remove this protector. No weird noises either. Happy so far. The fronts have been on for 2 weeks and the rear for 1 week.

ps. Sorry all for the portrait and small size of the video. Had some codec isses and had to use two apps to process. Must have messed up sizing in the processing. Next review I will use a more suitable camera and editing software.

Hi... So far so good. The protector latches to rim edge at tire and to back of rim. I haven't seen any scratches or issues so far. I plan to (carefully) remove the rim protector that I used 3M tape, remove the tape and reinstall. Will let you know if I see anything after I totally remove this protector. No weird noises either. Happy so far. The fronts have been on for 2 weeks and the rear for 1 week.

ps. Sorry all for the portrait and small size of the video. Had some codec isses and had to use two apps to process. Must have messed up sizing in the processing. Next review I will use a more suitable camera and editing software.
Thank you for all the info and the video was very informative! If possible would you be able to post a photo of the rim after you take off the protector with the 3m tape on it? So far this has been the best info for these protectors

Reactions: 355rockit