Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Review of new solar roof on your Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I only know of one company that is doing an official consumer product using 3rd party authorized installers or self install.

I’m unsure when this will actually be out and given the proposed costs $2200 + install you would have to keep your car an absurdly long time to break even compared to buying the power direct; especially since it maxes out at 500W or 16 miles/day under perfect conditions. It’s unclear about the extra 1500w that can be used on a fold out from the truck and how much that costs.

Last I checked the company was still trying to get up and running and get a product out.

It looks fun put largely impractical unless you have no other choice for power. Off grid camping for example - assuming you aren’t near any trees and can get sun exposure from up to down.

A separate solar generator system with fold up panels would be more practical but obviously can’t be used while driving.

Upvote 0
Hello you are close on the price $1900, and they are in testing start up stage. Yourr point for camping , that is a good idea...however I do have all day access in my front yard to sunlight...also a second car, so I am very interested in this..NOW interested in knowing if anyone has one and knows???? Also they are no longer doing/including the fold out panels...where do you live...? I am in sunny NC???

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0