Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Right Pillar Camera Blocked or Blinded

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been getting this message after I download 2019.40.21. It appears for about minute or less then disappears. It happens on a sunny day as well as late at night. It recommends that I clean the camera which I did but see nothing blocking the view.

Just got the same problem.
Right b pillar

The strangest part of all this. I found this thread which was started by a guy who has an mx. I have an mx. A guy who has a camera problem. I have a camera problem. A guy named ilyak I am ilyak now that's freaky

I had this same message popping up when I drove near a concrete barrier that was blocking the front camera’s view (left side). As soon as I switched to the other lane the message dissapeared. Moved to the lane near the barrier again and the message popped up again.....

I had this same message popping up when I drove near a concrete barrier that was blocking the front camera’s view (left side). As soon as I switched to the other lane the message dissapeared. Moved to the lane near the barrier again and the message popped up again.....

I'll confirm this. When the barrier was low enough AP was happy. When the barrier was higher AP complained. I assume any camera that is seeing just a featureless view thinks it might have a problem.

add me to the list getting this error on 2019.40.2, just got my 2020 less than a week ago but has been raining alot. no fog, moisture, or dust but each time it has come on its its after ive been driving home for about an hour and almost home on dark backroads with open shoulders so I thought it might just be so dark its not seeing anything???