Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Right side camera not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I took delivery of my M3 LR today.

Really loving it so far except the right side camera just isn’t working. It constantly shows a black screen with a little circular timer as if the camera isn’t connected.
Anyone else had this? Do I just need to be patient or am I taking it into Tesla?

I had that happen. Put in a service appointment request. They will ask you for a photo of the screen showing the camera in that state. Took the guy more time to fill out paperwork than swap the camera and do his thing with the laptop to “register” the camera to my car.

I also had that happen for the rear camera but I caught it on delivery date. In fact The car had so many issues I almost did not take it but all was fixable. Can back 3 days later and it was all good. I had a huge checklist I went thru before taking the car.

I have the same issue a month after delivery, Tesla are finally getting round to fixing it on the 24th after being out of stock

it took about 3 weeks for me too. The tech said they wanted my camera to be sent back to the factory since they’d been having similar problems and didn’t know why the cameras were failing so quickly.

replacement works just fine

I've had this issue since doing the 2020.48.5 update.
I let the update install on the night of Nov 30. The next morning, Dec 1, I set out for a 6 hour drive and got a warning that said "Autopilot cameras unavailable. Features may be restored on next drive." I noticed that the right rear facing camera didn't come up when in reverse.
Basic autopilot is available but Nav on Autopilot isn't. I pulled over and did a reboot but that didn't help. The camera came back after stopping to supercharge, but went away after another stop. Now it seems to work about 20% of the time.