Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No backup camera or side camera after service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Didn’t think I would need to put another question so soon, but I am in sort of a pickle. I have Tesla service come out to replace my steering wheel because there was a gash when I took delivery. I didn’t test the car after the technician left. I did note that the display was acting funny with the door showing it was open on the right side and when I went to close it the other door showed it was open. I didn’t think much of it until I jumped in and tried to reverse the car. Ar the present time the rearview camera and the side cameras are not showing anything except a black screen. There’s been no other changes to the car. I also checked the version of the software and it did not get updated. Any help would be appreciated because I’m a little concerned that I won’t be able to fix this without another service call or worse needing to drive to the service center 100 miles away

Appreciate the advice. I ended up having to reset the system by pressing the two controller buttons down on the steering wheel for 10 seconds. I don’t know if this occurred because the technician was showing me how to enter into the service menu and it somehow messed with the car. Thanks

this happened to my car. one morning none of the cameras worked and the nav wasn't really updating my location. on the app it would show the incorrect location as well. tried resetting, power cycling and none off it worked. opened up a service request and they finally said they are gonna replace the computer. got a loaner till it happens so. . at least I have something till then. oh yeah they also said it will be 2 weeks for the part to even show up.

this happened to my car. one morning none of the cameras worked and the nav wasn't really updating my location. on the app it would show the incorrect location as well. tried resetting, power cycling and none off it worked. opened up a service request and they finally said they are gonna replace the computer. got a loaner till it happens so. . at least I have something till then. oh yeah they also said it will be 2 weeks for the part to even show up.
Wow that is scary