Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rim Protection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you running the aero covers? I wouldn't bother with RIM protection on the Gemeni unless your prone to curb rash or possibly if you always run without the aero covers. Minor curb rash on the gemeni will mostly damage the cover. Only the very outer edge of the rim is exposed.

Curbing is mostly a problem on the 21s but also on the 20s too. The dark wheels also look much worse with curb rash.

I do have the aero covers on the Gemeni Rims. I've learned to be cautious when parking near curbs. The auto tilting mirrors are a great help. However it would be good to have slightly wider tires for a cushion. Not sure if 265/45-R19 tires will rub the front fender wells.

I do have the aero covers on the Gemeni Rims. I've learned to be cautious when parking near curbs. The auto tilting mirrors are a great help. However it would be good to have slightly wider tires for a cushion. Not sure if 265/45-R19 tires will rub the front fender wells.
From what I've seen, going to a 265 only rubs on the front, on full lock, but only if you also upsized the aspect ratio of the tire... And even then, it was just barely, at full lock... If you stay with the OEM sidewall aspect ratio, I don't think it will rub at all.