Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Martian wheels 10.5” wide ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m thinking about purchasing a set of Martian wheels. I noticed they have the wider 19x10.5 available on “sale”. Are there any downsides to running a slightly wider wheel? I’d like to mount the stock continental 255/45 on there if possible. My stock wheels are being used for snow tire duty so I’m looking for “affordable” summer wheels.

Geminis are 9.5" wide - It's still really wide though.

But, the Continental T0/T1/T2 tires are designed for this, so it's not even technically stretched on the stock wheels. They're made to be a wide 255, whereas most aftermarket tires will look very narrow on Geminis.

A 10.5" wheel would work if you are okay with some stretch. I've done a +1" stretch on a few cars and it's not too crazy. Wanna fly to NY with the wheels? I'd actually like to try mounting this setup. 😁

Downsides are - the tire isn't really designed for it, stretched tires do have a higher failure rate if you hit a pothole or catch a flat. The sidewall tends to tear. Just something to be aware of.

I'm okay with some stretch. Curious about your comment about wide tires. What would the correct size tire be on a 9.5” vs a 10.5”?

Would I need something like 265 or 275 on the 9.5” in the future? How about a 10.5”

I'm okay with some stretch. Curious about your comment about wide tires. What would the correct size tire be on a 9.5” vs a 10.5”?

Would I need something like 265 or 275 on the 9.5” in the future? How about a 10.5”
255s are typically mounted to 8 or 8.5" wheels. Tesla goes wide on everything they sell, it seems.

For reference the 275 MYP rear tires are on a 10.5" wheel, and they are stretched. 295 on 10.5 is not stretched. So yeah, I would agree that 265 or 275 would look not stretched on the stock Gemini 9.5" wheels. You'd just have to find a size that keeps the speedometer somewhat accurate, likely a 275/40-19. Not sure if you'd see any rubbing issues though.

Reactions: Skavatar
Martian MW05 in 18x10.5. 295/45/18 tires (Toyo Proxes ST3 with great performance, treadwear and XL load rating). Zero sretch or fitment issues with stock set up. Flush look with the 40 offset and no spacers required. Knocked 7 lbs of unsprung weight on each corner. Happy MYLR owner. Good luck.

Attachments

• 20240316_124203.jpg
    20240316_124203.jpg
    380.7 KB · Views: 17