Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ringtones: is it really that hard?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,

I know this topic has been raised before, but probably not for about a year.

I’ve read that an upcoming update is going to let me PIN code my glove box. Neat! But I’d really rather have even a SINGLE ringtone that sounds vaguely like a phone! (Heaven forbid that we might get a choice or <gasp> be able to assign custom ringtones to different people!)

Anyone know what’s so hard about this, or what it would take to get Elon’s attention to something that should be pretty easy to fix?

Thanks,

Todd

I suspect that Tesla developers keep a running list of features requests with this being one on the list. Problem is the list probably has 15,000 items on it (and growing). They'll most likely prioritize under Critical/Medium/Low priority or other groupings like a "Wow, that'll make our owners talk about us" group.

Want to guess which list the ringtone fix is on? I suspect in the Medium or Low priority, problem is there are 12,000 items above it.

Should be an easy fix but that doesn't mean it'll be done first. That or they have to get copyrights for a new ringtone or record a new one themselves (which will take forever).

I suspect that Tesla developers keep a running list of features requests with this being one on the list. Problem is the list probably has 15,000 items on it (and growing). They'll most likely prioritize under Critical/Medium/Low priority or other groupings like a "Wow, that'll make our owners talk about us" group.

Want to guess which list the ringtone fix is on? I suspect in the Medium or Low priority, problem is there are 12,000 items above it.

Should be an easy fix but that doesn't mean it'll be done first. That or they have to get copyrights for a new ringtone or record a new one themselves (which will take forever).

Thanks. I don’t disagree. But, it seems this has been low on that list for the last eight years!