Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RN1149 and earlier, still waiting group!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s annoying but I think you’ll have your car January. I’m annoyed my vin was revoked, but in reality first world problem/irritating. Hang in there!
Sorry to hear about your VIN retraction. I just saw someone with a RN1159 Black w White interior get a VIN assigned and delivery scheduled for 12/31 in my local area, so very frustrating for many of us waiting so long. Hopefully we will all get ours in January sometime.

Reactions: IamGaryGnu
We took delivery of our Model S (11433 reservation) yesterday. We still have a Model X 11436 reservation with a February ETA.

Upon initial inspection, build quality was very good. We did notice a wrinkle in the driver's door seal and a smudge on a rear door but that was it so far. Both truck floor pieces are missing and the trunk might need to be adjusted slightly to lower it another couple of millimeters.

Surprisingly, the car had the 2021.44.25.6 update downloaded and staged for install so we tried installing it when it got home. It got to about 80% and the next thing I new, it had disappeared, so the car is still on 2021.44.6.

Reactions: IamGaryGnu
I'd like to wish my RN an official happy first birthday!

I ordered a Model S LR on 1/1/2021. RN1143. White/black seats/ 19" wheels. Seattle. Never a config change. Never a rejected order.

Current EDD via website is March 18 - April 15.

Maybe 2022 is my year??

I ordered a Model S LR on 1/1/2021. RN1143. White/black seats/ 19" wheels. Seattle. Never a config change. Never a rejected order.

Maybe 2022 is my year??
Your situation makes no sense to me….

Mine is a May order, also white exterior but with white interior. My EDD just got pushed back from Dec 31-Jan 28 to Jan 5-Feb 2 today. I thought it was due to white interior but your delay makes it seem like it’s also something to do with white exterior??? So confused.

Mine is a May order, also white exterior but with white interior. My EDD just got pushed back from Dec 31-Jan 28 to Jan 5-Feb 2 today. I thought it was due to white interior but your delay makes it seem like it’s also something to do with white exterior??? So confused.
As a former business development manager I'm almost sure that it is all margin related. If they ever deliver this car it's at $77K. I think Tesla has always prioritized the highest margin cars - all the way back to my first 2013 P that jumped the line like the current Plaid purchasers (somehow i didn't mind when I jumped the line!). I know some people with this discount to the current price HAVE received their cars. I wonder if in the pacific northwest not enough people are backing out of their orders and these old orders are opportunistic fill ins?

I'd love to really know why - I've called them about every month since September. In the mean time I hope they keep making improvements to the car! But not so many that they raise the price on all of us with old orders as they did when they announced the refresh ;)

I hope we all get cars in 2022!

I love the engineering of this company! But the rest of the company lacks honest communication which I interpret as a lack of integrity. I am 99% sure than my next car (hopefully after this model s) will be from almost any other company! My friends give me grief for my love/hate relationship with Tesla.....

As a former business development manager I'm almost sure that it is all margin related. If they ever deliver this car it's at $77K. I think Tesla has always prioritized the highest margin cars - all the way back to my first 2013 P that jumped the line like the current Plaid purchasers (somehow i didn't mind when I jumped the line!). I know some people with this discount to the current price HAVE received their cars. I wonder if in the pacific northwest not enough people are backing out of their orders and these old orders are opportunistic fill ins?

I'd love to really know why - I've called them about every month since September. In the mean time I hope they keep making improvements to the car! But not so many that they raise the price on all of us with old orders as they did when they announced the refresh ;)

I hope we all get cars in 2022!

I love the engineering of this company! But the rest of the company lacks honest communication which I interpret as a lack of integrity. I am 99% sure than my next car (hopefully after this model s) will be from almost any other company! My friends give me grief for my love/hate relationship with Tesla.....
I can’t agree more. There’s a reason why most of then folks on this thread didn’t get their cars near the EoQ. Seeing how everyone seems to have a different config and are located in various parts of the country, I’m definitely leaning more and more towards price that’s driving the delay.

It feels like they just inject us into the line when there are surplus units available vs putting us in front of everyone else. I’m other words, our chances of getting a car drops as we near each EoQ, then bounces back again at the beginning of the next qtr. I wonder if we will get pushed back into Q2 if Jan/Feb doesn’t happen….

Reactions: yetanotherevownr

Maybe 2022 is my year??
ouch! I will be sure not to stand next to you if there is a thunder storm! (Seriously, no idea why it is taking so long, not the craziest configuration out there) - did you call and start to make some noise? maybe somebody can push a button or something. maybe also something is missing from your info to Tesla?

Reactions: yetanotherevownr

Can't rely on this, but when i was speaking to an SA in december about my delivery and vin retraction, he said they were making a lot of blues (and i don't remember what other colors) and were holding off on the whites for a bit. i don't know if that means paint supply issues, pent up demand for the other colors, or how it works. i THINK they also said less blacks for a while too, but i frankly don't remember what colors he mentioned.
hopefully they'll get it going for you sooner than later! i'd also consider calling and asking.

PS i suggest if anyone calls tesla, they call their local SC - you won't get the SC but it routes calls generally locally. i'm not sure if you call the tesla main phone number if that would happen.
personally, i think if you speak with someone local to you, you're not a jerk, and are nice to them, they'll do what they can for you.
if you call someone across the country, my personal belief is they will have "less in common/be less sympathetic" to your "neighbor"
just my .02, but i truly believe the NJ SA's i've spoken with (who are answering the calls from their homes) feel our pain, wish they had more answers, and will honestly tell you whatever info they are able to see on their screens.)

I'm 99% sure than my next car (hopefully after this model s) will be from almost any other company! My friends give me grief for my love/hate relationship with Tesla.....
I'm sorry to see the incredible wait you've had. The good news is that it looks like actual competition is coming. Up until the recent i4 M50 BMW became an option, everything on the EV market was either supercar expensive (Taycan) or didn't even come close to competing with regard to performance and features (Mach E, E-tron). Soon enough we'll have viable alternatives, and Tesla will actually have to start thinking about how to win or keep customers, not just engineering a great product at a competitive price.

ouch! I will be sure not to stand next to you if there is a thunder storm! (Seriously, no idea why it is taking so long, not the craziest configuration out there) - did you call and start to make some noise? maybe somebody can push a button or something. maybe also something is missing from your info to Tesla?
I have talked to my SA every month or so since September. He has generally been more optimistic about my estimated delivery date than what the system showed. This is only ironic since the system has also been too optimistic as I am still waiting for the car. Last week I asked about an escalation process via an email to him. He said he would talk with the factory to find out what’s going on and also ask them not to move me out again. He also said he would get back to me with an update. So far I have heard nothing after 6 days or so. And my estimated date is still mid march - mid April.

will update this thread if/when I get more info!

I have talked to my SA every month or so since September. He has generally been more optimistic about my estimated delivery date than what the system showed. This is only ironic since the system has also been too optimistic as I am still waiting for the car. Last week I asked about an escalation process via an email to him. He said he would talk with the factory to find out what’s going on and also ask them not to move me out again. He also said he would get back to me with an update. So far I have heard nothing after 6 days or so. And my estimated date is still mid march - mid April.

will update this thread if/when I get more info!
ouch! the only thing i can think of, is to ask if you information to tesla is incomplete. i uploaded and put in there everything i could think of, including an insurance card for one of my other cars.

Another day, another EDD delay. Each time I get close to my EDD, it gets pushed another month. Now it's pushed another 2 months to March?!?!. It's so surreal to think that I ordered this car a year ago with the promise of early delivery and yet, here I am.
Screen Shot 2022-01-10 at 11.18.39 AM.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Valis
Another day, another EDD delay. Each time I get close to my EDD, it gets pushed another month. Now it's pushed another 2 months to March?!?!. It's so surreal to think that I ordered this car a year ago with the promise of early delivery and yet, here I am. View attachment 754234
Something is definitely going on with these older white on white orders, we've all been toyed with nonstop with bullsugar EDDs.