Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Road rash on rims help

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is this an easy fix? Is the rash actually on the rim or the hub cap?

Attachments

• IMG_3509.JPG
    IMG_3509.JPG
    430.6 KB · Views: 238
I have a similar situation - about 3 days after getting my baby, i had the worst grinding by a drive through curb. I rashed the edge of the 19" wheel, the plastic cover is fine. it's not horrible, but there's some shine showing where the rest is black, about 3/4 of the rim.
I'd love to do a quick cheap "looks good from 6 feet" fix - any ideas? thanks so much!
edit - i found this on amazon - anyone try it? i was hoping for some putty or whatever, but this looks exactly like what i'm asking for! thanks again for any input!

Hi - so now I have matching rashes on BOTH rear wheels - doh! You'd think i never drove before! First was on a curb (curse you fast food!) and the second was getting too close to a snow bank - where the marks on the rim actually look worse than the curb!!!!!
i'm deciding if i should just sand them a little, or even leave them alone and just hit them with a dark marker.
i fully expect these won't be the last time i ding those rims.
i've thought about those plastic strips, but if i crush them, i'll be replacing those strips. and i heard they take up to 3 hours to install (not sure if that means 45 minutes per rim? i'm lazy!
anyone have luck with just a black magic marker? or anything else suggested? it's only really obvious to me, but annoys my OCD on my otherwise perfect creampuff (that i keep rashing!!!!)
thanks!

Hi - so now I have matching rashes on BOTH rear wheels - doh! You'd think i never drove before! First was on a curb (curse you fast food!) and the second was getting too close to a snow bank - where the marks on the rim actually look worse than the curb!!!!!
i'm deciding if i should just sand them a little, or even leave them alone and just hit them with a dark marker.
i fully expect these won't be the last time i ding those rims.
i've thought about those plastic strips, but if i crush them, i'll be replacing those strips. and i heard they take up to 3 hours to install (not sure if that means 45 minutes per rim? i'm lazy!
anyone have luck with just a black magic marker? or anything else suggested? it's only really obvious to me, but annoys my OCD on my otherwise perfect creampuff (that i keep rashing!!!!)
thanks!
I have a bad habit of getting curb rash. Has anyone used the plastic protectors? Do they help at all?