Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Road Service after Warranty Expires?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have Mercury Auto Insurance. Roadside Assistance excludes tire repair, so adding this to our auto policy does no good for roadside repair of a Model 3 OEM tire.

Exclusions:
Roadside Assistance Coverage does not apply to:

(a) routine maintenance of an automobile or trailer;
(b) labor not related to the disablement;
(c) installation of products or materials not related to the disablement;
(d) labor or repair work performed at a service station, garage or repair shop;
(e) towing from a service station, garage or repair shop;
(f) tire repair;
(g) towing from entrapment in snow, mud, water or sand, more than 100 feet from

a public road or highway;
(h) disablement that occurs on road not regularly maintained, or on sand beaches,

open fields, or areas designated as impassable due to construction, weather or

earth movement;

1. (i) towing related to impoundment, abandonment, illegal parking or other violations

of law;

2. (j) storage charges;
(k) mounting or removing snow tires or chains; or
(l) assistance with jacks, levelers or awnings on a motor home;

Just get rid of the XDRIVE and yes.
This was a very specific build focused on track enthusiasts. More than a few items deleted to save weight?

That said, as someone who has owned six BMWs beginning in 1997 through June of 2019, it's surprising to me that a company with a long history of supplying its cars with tool kits, spare tires (either standard or doughnut) or run flat tires would sell a car without some method of temporarily repairing a flat tire. I'm not doubting they did. I'm just surprised...as it's definitely not typical of the company nor their cars.

Last edited:
Your OEM tires will wear out within 4 years, so you are in a great position to buy run flats if you'd like.

You can also sign up to AAA, or add road side assistance with your auto insurance. Progressive offers it for about $2 or $4 or something in that price range per 6 months.
I never had run flat tire. actually don't know what they are or why I need them. I have AAA to help if I need it

I have AAA to help if I need it
AAA Roadside tire service provides a spare tire change or they tow your car to a tire repair shop or to a service station (that may or may not be able to repair the OEM Michelin tire). Since the Model 3 doesn't have a spare tire, you're left with the towing option. If you're relying on AAA towing, then know a AAA Classic membership provides 7 miles of towing, AAA Plus gets you 100 miles, and AAA Premium gets you 200 miles.