Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadside assistance with OEM vs aftermarket wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm taking a fairly long road trip for the first time this weekend. Since there's no spare, it had me wondering a few things about how roadside assistance works if you get a flat.

I've been told that if you get a flat, tesla will have someone come out and install a new loaner wheel on your vehicle, at which time I believe you can throw your flat in your trunk, and bring it to the SC when convenient to fix and swap back on.

So my questions are:

Can anyone attest to how painless this is in the Bay Area? How long would I need to wait on the side of the road with a 5 and 3 year old (and more importantly a frustrated spouse)?

I have 21" OEM wheels. Will they know that and come with a matching 21" OEM wheel?

Or is it always a 19"?

Or is it an ugly donut that you don't really want to drive very long on?

What if you have, let's say, aftermarket wheels? Is tesla cool with that? And what happens in that case?

• Funny
Reactions: jf2go
Can't speak to your questions directly. Just noting that I (and several others here on the forums) purchased a spare and the equipment needed to change it which I put in the trunk (not the frunk) when traveling very far from a service center.