Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster Charge adaptor

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any one need one of these? Offers?
roadster.png
2.png
3.png

PMs sent to each of you, thx.

@mods, this thread may be better suited for Tesla Parts for Sale.

If you haven't purchased the Tesla Adapter from these sellers, and don't need the extra length of these adapters, I recommend the CAN from @hcsharp instead.

Here's my review of the CAN.

The Tesla adapter however is great if you need the additional length that the cable provides.

@AEdennis, 100% agree that Henry's CAN-JR is superior to the OE SMCs listed above. I'm still holding out hope for a used CAN-JR and/or CAN-SR if anyone has one/both for sale. I've reached out to some Roadster sellers who are including them with their cars but all of them, understandably, prefer to include them as a value-add. Still happily charging from home on my HPC in the meantime.

@AEdennis, 100% agree that Henry's CAN-JR is superior to the OE SMCs listed above. I'm still holding out hope for a used CAN-JR and/or CAN-SR if anyone has one/both for sale. I've reached out to some Roadster sellers who are including them with their cars but all of them, understandably, prefer to include them as a value-add. Still happily charging from home on my HPC in the meantime.

There have been SOME local public L2 where the Tesla J1772 would have been awesome instead of the CAN-JR...

The Grove's original installation were short and focused on the Leaf and Volt, as such the cables were short and expected to plug in to cars from the FRONT of the vehicle, not near the rear as S, Roadster, Mitsubishi, or BMWi places the charge ports.