Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster loose / creaking seat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I found a potential safety issue while tracking down a creaking noise in my driver's seat.
I have a 2.0 Roadster but I suspect the seat mounting is the same on all Roadsters. Each front seat is mounted on a pair of rails, with each rail having a short aluminum extension at the front that raises the front of the rail off of the floor a bit. Each extension is attached to the rail with two bolts (circled in yellow in the photo). The rail assemblies are bolted to the car in the front and back. On my driver's seat three of the four bolts attaching the extension pieces were very loose and could be removed by hand. So, not much holding the front of the seat in place.
I'm pretty sure the loose bolts are what was causing the creaking noise in the seat, but I also greased up the rails just for good measure.
I had my seat removed when I tightened the loose bolts, but I think you could probably get a wrench in there and tighten them with the seat in place, or possibly with just the two front mounting bolts loosened. Might not hurt to take a minute and check yours.

Attachments

• IMG-4638.jpg
    IMG-4638.jpg
    563.5 KB · Views: 90