TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Robert Farago Wants his Tesla Roadster

Discussion in 'News' started by doug, May 16, 2008.

1. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

#1 doug, May 16, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
  2. Cobos

Cobos S60 owner since 2013

Regarding his silly comments about the recharge time, you might want to mention losses in the charging apparatus. I seem to recall someone on the Tesla blog did some calculations and with the speedy charger they are around 15% and with the wall socket they are 0-5%. Which should match current known physics and chemistry of laptop batteries...

Cobos

3. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

#3 doug, May 16, 2008
    Last edited: May 16, 2008
    Naw, I'm not going to bother going into great detail on that kind of site. The effort would be waisted. I was just trying to demonstrate that in this case, the main limiting factor in the charge time is power available from your source and not so much the batteries.

Farago keeps harping on the charge time since that is the one thing left that the major car mags didn't bother to test in their glowing reviews. I'm just trying to point out that it's not that interesting/complicated. I mean it's interesting to be from a physics and engineering POV. But probably not interesting to Farago's level of understanding.

4. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

He doubts the science / math of charging. I guess he favors the ICE's Intelligent Design.