Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Robert Farago Wants his Tesla Roadster

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Regarding his silly comments about the recharge time, you might want to mention losses in the charging apparatus. I seem to recall someone on the Tesla blog did some calculations and with the speedy charger they are around 15% and with the wall socket they are 0-5%. Which should match current known physics and chemistry of laptop batteries...

Cobos

Naw, I'm not going to bother going into great detail on that kind of site. The effort would be waisted. I was just trying to demonstrate that in this case, the main limiting factor in the charge time is power available from your source and not so much the batteries.

Farago keeps harping on the charge time since that is the one thing left that the major car mags didn't bother to test in their glowing reviews. I'm just trying to point out that it's not that interesting/complicated. I mean it's interesting to be from a physics and engineering POV. But probably not interesting to Farago's level of understanding.

Last edited: