Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Robotaxi Opportunities

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I live in Lancaster PA which is the heart of Amish country. Amish can't drive cars and they rely heavily on Uber for their transportation needs. It's crossed my mind that a small fleet of Robotaxis located just East of Lancaster would do nonstop business transporting Amish. I've considered buying a small lot for the purpose of paving, adding Superchargers, then buying 4-6 Robotaxis for this purpose.

I think it's a great idea but executing it will be a challenge beyond anything I've ever attempted in the past. I also don't know how cooperative Tesla would be on the idea. They may have their own ideas that have no place for individuals such as myself, or they may simply see this area as too rural and it would be decades before servicing the region. My opinion is it would be a perfect place to start due to the mostly rural highways, which I see as easy driving, and the constant usage that could be expected.

I'm looking for:
  • General feedback on the idea. Don't hesitate to tell me it sucks if it does.
  • Tips on how to contact Tesla with the idea. I sent a letter and received no response.
  • Thoughts on how to execute. Like, at what point, what ducks need to be lined up, before committing to buying a lot.
  • Does anyone know how Tesla does business with site owners for superchargers?
Any other feedback is most welcome.

Getting Tesla to reply is difficult and I suppose you have to know where to send the question.
my location is north idaho, village of 33 people that love ICE cars. Due to high fuel costs and the possibility of saving a lot of time driving to a grocery store,
doctor, dentist, larger city like Spokane, airport, or gov. facility; I am serious about buying a Tesla, charging it with solar panel system, incorporating into my
business, and providing "shopping trips with rides or without rides, bar trips, rafting shuttles, tours, etc. This will save people 2 to 3 hours for one grocery
shopping trip and cost them less $. It is an hour drive one way to the grocery store/walmart. I have a 50 amp. charger for the grid and am planning on installing another inverter to supply 240vac to charge via solar. I figure I can charge the vehicle sufficiently in 3 to 4 days; thus about two trips per week
unless I have to drive to Spokane area. I already have the business and licenses. Since I am mostly retired, I plan on charging $10/hour for myself and $0.40/kwh use when charging from the grid. Maybe I will charge less when using solar...i will experiment first.
Getting Tesla to list my home charging station will probably be impossible, so I will just put up signs near my village and if legal, post availability on this podcast?

Reactions: Featsbeyond50
Getting Tesla to reply is difficult and I suppose you have to know where to send the question.
my location is north idaho, village of 33 people that love ICE cars. Due to high fuel costs and the possibility of saving a lot of time driving to a grocery store,
doctor, dentist, larger city like Spokane, airport, or gov. facility; I am serious about buying a Tesla, charging it with solar panel system, incorporating into my
business, and providing "shopping trips with rides or without rides, bar trips, rafting shuttles, tours, etc. This will save people 2 to 3 hours for one grocery
shopping trip and cost them less $. It is an hour drive one way to the grocery store/walmart. I have a 50 amp. charger for the grid and am planning on installing another inverter to supply 240vac to charge via solar. I figure I can charge the vehicle sufficiently in 3 to 4 days; thus about two trips per week
unless I have to drive to Spokane area. I already have the business and licenses. Since I am mostly retired, I plan on charging $10/hour for myself and $0.40/kwh use when charging from the grid. Maybe I will charge less when using solar...i will experiment first.
Getting Tesla to list my home charging station will probably be impossible, so I will just put up signs near my village and if legal, post availability on this podcast?
How about Autonomous Cybertrucks to shuttle people from CDA to Silver Mountain?