Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Robotic Charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wanted to chime in quickly, with robotaxi an automated charging solution would help simplify the process of driving people around, Elon had his snake charger idea before that they showed a prototype before, then we never got it, I’m wondering if they will release that as a charging solution or if the car will simply stop driving people around once it reaches 20-30% battery and drive back home and then we (the owner) would have to charge it on our own timed. (Also just thought of this but it would be cool if driving other people around autonomously racked up supercharger credits or something similar per mile)

Just wanted to chime in quickly, with robotaxi an automated charging solution would help simplify the process of driving people around, Elon had his snake charger idea before that they showed a prototype before, then we never got it, I’m wondering if they will release that as a charging solution or if the car will simply stop driving people around once it reaches 20-30% battery and drive back home and then we (the owner) would have to charge it on our own timed. (Also just thought of this but it would be cool if driving other people around autonomously racked up supercharger credits or something similar per mile)
He did say during Autonomous Day that the snake charger is a "done deal," with the only caveat being that you don't want to bend over in close proximity to it. ;)

I think he's waiting to roll them out until full autonomous driving hits. Why spend the money now? At least they have the tech ready to go when the appropriate time comes.

Will it fit between two cars How well will it work covered in ice and snow I would want to test it in the real world first Put some at superchargers in different parts of the country. Let the car owners try them out to make sure the can handle the environment they are put in