Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RPM Tesla Model Y Skid Plates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone have any experience with RPM Tesla's Model Y Skidplates? They are two aluminum skid plates, front and back, that replace the OEM plastic skid plates. RPM claims they reduce ground noise by 3 to 5 db, and of course would offer better protection. Any feedback on the noise reduction claims?

I'm driving an MYP on OEM Pirelli's and trying to get road/wind noise down to a minimum.

No experience with the RPM-specific ones but they look nearly identical to the ones you can get on eBay for less than half the cost. 99% chance they're made in the same factory in China. I bought some from eBay (which also included the foam inside) and the fitment was great but definitely don't think they reduced cabin noise by much (although I never did any sort of scientific testing).

Quieter tires would make the biggest difference imo.

• Informative
Reactions: Noflash
No experience with the RPM-specific ones but they look nearly identical to the ones you can get on eBay for less than half the cost. 99% chance they're made in the same factory in China. I bought some from eBay (which also included the foam inside) and the fitment was great but definitely don't think they reduced cabin noise by much (although I never did any sort of scientific testing).

Quieter tires would make the biggest difference imo.
Thank you for that feedback

We've seen the Ali-express skid plates, they're pretty thin gauge steel/aluminum and just feel cheap. Quite honestly, they're only going to guard against leaves and paper bags.

We just got our stocking order of the HPS Aluminum Undertray Skid Plates, they're made here in SoCal and have Plates for both Front and Rear in black finish:

Features
  • Available for both Front and Rear locations for ultimate protection
  • Protect the life line of your Tesla from coolant lines to high voltage cables
  • Drive worry-free with a 2 year limited warranty included with each skid plate
  • Precision cut from 1/8" thick 5052 Aluminum
  • Stainless Steel Hardware is included
  • Direct bolt-on installation
  • Reduced drag coefficient compared to OEM
  • Made in the USA

Since you're local, drop by and check them out in person. If you decide to pull the trigger - we can install for you.

SP-101_pic2_5000x_f9be7535-0ffa-48e9-bb02-03fab99c3677_1200x1200.webp

new_SP-TM3Y-R-GB_pic1_5000x_5000x_ed82975b-45f7-4687-9b2e-8b393ae90f84_1200x1200.webp

We've seen the Ali-express skid plates, they're pretty thin gauge steel/aluminum and just feel cheap. Quite honestly, they're only going to guard against leaves and paper bags.

We just got our stocking order of the HPS Aluminum Undertray Skid Plates, they're made here in SoCal and have Plates for both Front and Rear in black finish:

Features
  • Available for both Front and Rear locations for ultimate protection
  • Protect the life line of your Tesla from coolant lines to high voltage cables
  • Drive worry-free with a 2 year limited warranty included with each skid plate
  • Precision cut from 1/8" thick 5052 Aluminum
  • Stainless Steel Hardware is included
  • Direct bolt-on installation
  • Reduced drag coefficient compared to OEM
  • Made in the USA

Since you're local, drop by and check them out in person. If you decide to pull the trigger - we can install for you.

SP-101_pic2_5000x_f9be7535-0ffa-48e9-bb02-03fab99c3677_1200x1200.webp

new_SP-TM3Y-R-GB_pic1_5000x_5000x_ed82975b-45f7-4687-9b2e-8b393ae90f84_1200x1200.webp

Any noise reduction?