Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Rumor] Tesla Model S Facelift in 2016 !

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model X did it for aero and didn't sacrifice the second row head room (and even has a third row).

The other two examples did it because they were trying to start a new segment (4 door CUV "coupe"), but they lose headroom in the progress.

Personally, for SUVs/CUVs I also prefer the boxy look in the rear, but I can understand why they did it for the Model X. Of course, I haven't seen it in person yet. Sometimes the curves do work out in person.

My thoughts exactly, the X is form following function, the others form following fashion. Will have to see one in the flesh, but from the first X prototype in outline I couldn't get the X6 out of my head (practical issues aside)

Now if we could only have a Model S Wagon as part of the facelift, I'd be a really happy man ;)

You "obviously" have a lot to learn about how to be a contrarian. Sarcasm is the contrarian's sharpest tool -- you really need to learn how to use it if your intent really is to be a contrarian.

And if you think we get our feelings hurt by your comments whose intent is to rile people up for no other reason that your own entertainment (and we are "obviously" suppose to know that was your intent) then you have failed miserably at being a contrarian. While your intent may be to hurt people's feelings, no one here really cares what you think so the the outcome is that you come across looking like a mean spirited fool which is the exact opposite outcome a contrarian is looking for.

Here's some reading material for you: Letters to a Young Contrarian - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

it wasn't his intent. Those douche thoughts came from an earnest place in his head. He's backtracking now because he knows what he said was wrong - talking **** to a bunch of people who dropped more than twice an average American's annual salary on a car. He and his his douche friends (if he has any who drive thise cars and actually said the things he claims) get off on putting other people beneith with them with whatever means available. Terrible way to live a life, but, it's his choice.

Quite laughable. I disagree with those that request the Model S to be changed to look like the Model X and point to references that women by and large purchase less attractive vehicles. Women tend to purchase smaller, more practical and efficient vehicles (and there's NOTHING wrong with that). If you cannot handle someone that disagree's with you or put's forth information that you find displeasing, it's time to grow up and be an adult. I'd hate to see what type of field of work characters like you are in that have such thin skin. I see you've both completely brushed off the article referenced giving insight to the different vehicle buying trends of the genders. But that's what people like you do. You stick your head in the sand when something is presented that you don't like.

The Model X is soft and bulbous. Designed for women, exactly as stated by Tesla. I've "backtracked" on nothing.

Men Prefer Flashy or Brawny Vehicles; Women Prefer Import Brands and Smaller Vehicles According to TrueCar.com Study

Top 5 brands purchased by women as a percentage - the ugliest, more basic transportation.
Top 5 brands purchased by men as a percentage - the best looking vehicles that win the most style awards.

Educate yourselves.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/michelinemaynard/2012/04/24/the-top-10-most-popular-car-brands-with-men-and-women/

Not a single vehicle on the woman's list I find attractive nor would ever consider purchasing. That is the demographic Tesla is after.

When those that call for the more masculine Model S to be made to look like the soft Model X, I will raise my voice of concern. If that you troubles you so much, please add me to your blocked list.

Quite laughable. I disagree with those that request the Model S to be changed to look like the Model X and point to references that women by and large purchase less attractive vehicles. Women tend to purchase smaller, more practical and efficient vehicles (and there's NOTHING wrong with that). If you cannot handle someone that disagree's with you or put's forth information that you find displeasing, it's time to grow up and be an adult. I'd hate to see what type of field of work characters like you are in that have such thin skin. I see you've both completely brushed off the article referenced giving insight to the different vehicle buying trends of the genders. But that's what people like you do. You stick your head in the sand when something is presented that you don't like.

The Model X is soft and bulbous. Designed for women, exactly as stated by Tesla. I've "backtracked" on nothing.

Men Prefer Flashy or Brawny Vehicles; Women Prefer Import Brands and Smaller Vehicles According to TrueCar.com Study

Top 5 brands purchased by women as a percentage - the ugliest, more basic transportation.
Top 5 brands purchased by men as a percentage - the best looking vehicles that win the most style awards.

Educate yourselves.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/micheli...0-most-popular-car-brands-with-men-and-women/

Not a single vehicle on the woman's list I find attractive nor would ever consider purchasing. That is the demographic Tesla is after.

When those that call for the more masculine Model S to be made to look like the soft Model X, I will raise my voice of concern. If that you troubles you so much, please add me to your blocked list.

Thanks for that mansplaining WoT that presents your personal opinion as fact. You have beaten me into submission and I'll agree your definition of what good aesthetics are is correct. :D

3rp6Djo.gif

Quite laughable. I disagree with those that request the Model S to be changed to look like the Model X and point to references that women by and large purchase less attractive vehicles.
I'm not going to comment on the whole gender thing, but I don't think you are understanding the position of people correctly. They have called to use the same grille as the production Model X (basically removing the nose cone), but other than that, not much other changes. The Model S is not an angular car in the first place and neither is the nose cone that people are calling to be removed.

Personally, the Model X looks like a bloated Model S to me (esp. the concept version Model X with the nose cone) and basically just carries over the same styling elements as the Model S except with the vehicle being bigger and taller to accommodate the third row and being in the CUV segment. It's not really a huge styling departure (again other than the nose cone removal for production version).

Last edited:
If you cannot handle someone that disagree's with you or put's forth information that you find displeasing, it's time to grow up and be an adult. I'd hate to see what type of field of work characters like you are in that have such thin skin.

I'm a lawyer - litigator to be precise, which is highly adversarial. I've battled it out with the best of them in the highest Courts in my jurisdiction. My skin is thicker than a croc. This has nothing to do with having a thin skin or our occupations. It has to do with you stating:

I have a feeling your "vehicle people" drive Honda's and Toyota's lol. The vehicle people I'm talking about drive Aston's, Maserati's, Ferrari's, Porsche's etc.

It's nice to know you firmly stand behind that comment, which you say if I "find displeasing it's time to grow up and be an adult." Adults call out other adults for such asinine comments. I wonder what type of work you are in to make, and stand behind, such a ridiculous and cringe worthy comment?

I'm not going to comment on the whole gender thing, but I don't think you are understanding the position of people correctly. They have called to use the same grille as the production Model X (basically removing the nose cone), but other than that, not much other changes. The Model S is not an angular car in the first place and neither is the nose cone that people are calling to be removed.

Personally, the Model X looks like a bloated Model S to me (esp. the concept version Model X with the nose cone) and basically just carries over the same styling elements as the Model S except with the vehicle being bigger and taller to accommodate the third row and being in the CUV segment. It's not really a huge styling departure (again other than the nose cone removal for production version).

There is nothing inherently more attractive or better about the X nose cone. People get this idea that just because it's an electric car, the car needs no styling on the nose and it can just be blank. I care for the future of Tesla and I think the X styling is an error. I most certainly am not the only one.

It has to do with you stating:
It's nice to know you firmly stand behind that comment, which you say if I "find displeasing it's time to grow up and be an adult." Adults call out other adults for such asinine comments. I wonder what type of work you are in to make, and stand behind, such a ridiculous and cringe worthy comment?

If you are a lawyer, you certainly have a difficult time explaining yourself. What exactly is "cringe worthy" about my comment? Honda's and Toyota's are the most basic, bland and appliance like vehicles on the planet. I believe the X styling appeals to that crowd and not the latter crowd I spoke of. If that makes you cringe, well good luck with that.

I have a feeling your "vehicle people" drive Honda's and Toyota's lol. The vehicle people I'm talking about drive Aston's, Maserati's, Ferrari's, Porsche's etc.

Adults call out other adults for such asinine comments. I wonder what type of work you are in to make, and stand behind, such a ridiculous and cringe worthy comment?

What exactly is "cringe worthy" about my comment?

Well, aside from the sentiment expressed, I cringed at the fact that you used apostrophes to indicate plurality SIX TIMES in two sentences.

Well, aside from the sentiment expressed, I cringed at the fact that you used apostrophes to indicate plurality SIX TIMES in two sentences.

Boy, you know when a retort is great when it consists exclusively of apostrophe corrections!

Two clicks to find this:

Let me start by saying that I basically don't use Twitter, though I have an account, so I am very much unfamiliar with all things Twiiter.

I am sure I'm just missing something silly and stupid, but whatever it is, I need a pointer or something, as I'm not seeing it, and I very badly want those tweets out of site.

You don't know the difference between the words site and sight? Try policing up your own mistakes first before attempting to correct others. :rolleyes:

I have pretty solid reasons to belive they will be showing an MS facelift when they will unveil the Model 3 next year during March
Reasons I belive this will happen :

-Because the Model 3 will have to be great ( Elon Musk already stated multiple times that their products will always stand out of the crowd (ex. MS, MX), therefore Model 3 will come with (r)evolutionary tehnology as well, even tho it will be cheaper to manufacture than the MS.
-Because the M3 will be great, they will also have to come with a facelift for MS to keep people to desire an MS (those who will be able to afford one) and not just have to wait for the M3.
So, my theory is that, when the M3 will be unveiled they will also unveil the MS facelift.
What do you guys think ?

Any chance we could get back on track and discuss what actually started this thread?

Boy, you know when a retort is great when it consists exclusively of apostrophe corrections!

Two clicks to find this:

You don't know the difference between the words site and sight? Try policing up your own mistakes first before attempting to correct others. :rolleyes:

First of all, I didn't ask what was cringe worthy about my post. You did, so I answered. I did indicate the sentiment expressed was cringe worthy as well, or did you miss that part?

As for "two clicks" that seems to be a pretty old post of mine. I say seems because you didn't link to it properly, and I'm not going to go searching for it. But it appears you had to go back a few months and several hundred posts to dig up a mistake I made in one of mine. I'd only need to look at your last post to correct others to others'.

So, the Model S is about halfway though its lifecycle, so, I think a mid-cycle freshening is in the cards, but I don't see it happening before the end of the year. It should currently be "all-hands" on the Model 3 for the spring reveal. After that, I can see a fall or winter updated to the Model S including a revised nose to unify the look of the MX, MX and M3. I think they cannot do anything for the MS until they are truly set on the look of the M3. If they do it right, then I think it can drive even more demand for the M3 as a smaller, more affordable version of the MS.

What exactly is "cringe worthy" about my comment?

The implication in your post that MSElectric's "vehicle people drive Honda's and Toyota's" while your vehicle people "drive Aston's, Maserati's, Ferrari's, Porsche's etc."

There's nothing more cringe worthy than putting someone else down, and boasting yourself up, by reference to the vehicles their friends drive (not that MSElectric's "vehicle people" drive the vehicles you claim, nor do your "vehicle people", but regardless of whether they do, or do not, just the mention of it as your standard is cringe worthy). This has nothing to do with political correctness or the looks of a Toyota vs. a Maserati. It has to do with you putting someone else down, and boasting yourself up, over cringe worthy criteria.

Got it now?

.... That is the default stance of the mangina..... is a complete tool

Zybane, are you a DC native? Some of your slang is very reminiscent of UK "banter".

Anyway back on topic, yes I agree the X is probably more designed to appeal to the female buying segment, they did use a female panel to aid in design. Let's also not forget that the X is supposed to be a crossover between an MPV and an SUV, another segment popular with the fairer sex (whilst we are generalizing*).

TBH I don't really care, the X isn't for me, but neither is the S nosecone (which is why I went for a black Model S as it de-emphasises that aspect.)

*Disclaimer: I also own a Kia Carnival which I picked up used for peanuts (less than the fog light option on an S IIRC). I took all the seats out, ply lined the floor, and use it for carrying my manly stuff: mountain bikes, scuba gear, buckets for my backhoe, timber for building projects, chainsaws. However I once picked up some soft furnishings from Ikea in it, I felt so metrosexual afterwards I had to rush off and buy a nailgun.

Last edited:
To imply that I searched several hundred of your inane posts for mistakes shows how laughable your understanding of the forum is. Click your forum name, click view profile. Randomly click any one of your posts (the first random one I clicked on had what I needed). Profit.

I found the post that you couldn't figure out how to link to correctly when quoting. I made it September 30, 2015. It's here:

Would you use battery heating if it were available? - Page 8

When you click on someone's profile to view their forum posts they come up in reverse chronological order--most recent first. The last post on the first page of my posts was made December 24th. The last post on the fourth page of my posts was made December 19th. That view only shows 25 pages of posts, and the post you found is much further back than 25 pages.

Now if you looked at a view of the threads I've started, which is not what you said you did, that post would be in that list, on the first page. It's the 21st thread from the top. But sure, it's the first post of mine you happened to look at when you were trying to find a mistake in one of my posts.

The implication in your post that MSElectric's "vehicle people drive Honda's and Toyota's" while your vehicle people "drive Aston's, Maserati's, Ferrari's, Porsche's etc."

There's nothing more cringe worthy than putting someone else down, and boasting yourself up, by reference to the vehicles their friends drive (not that MSElectric's "vehicle people" drive the vehicles you claim, nor do your "vehicle people", but regardless of whether they do, or do not, just the mention of it as your standard is cringe worthy). This has nothing to do with political correctness or the looks of a Toyota vs. a Maserati. It has to do with you putting someone else down, and boasting yourself up, over cringe worthy criteria.

Got it now?

You see, I was merely speaking of those two brands being bland, boring and akin to appliances compared to others. YOU are the one that is inferring that I was speaking of different social classes. I think that is more telling of you than me.

Zybane, are you a DC native? Some of your slang is very reminiscent of UK "banter".

Anyway back on topic, yes I agree the X is probably more designed to appeal to the female buying segment, they did use a female panel to aid in design. Let's also not forget that the X is supposed to be a crossover between an MPV and an SUV, another segment popular with the fairer sex (whilst we are generalizing*).

TBH I don't really care, the X isn't for me, but neither is the S nosecone (which is why I went for a black Model S as it de-emphasises that aspect.)

*Disclaimer: I also own a Kia Carnival which I picked up used for peanuts (less than the fog light option on an S IIRC). I took all the seats out, ply lined the floor, and use it for carrying my manly stuff: mountain bikes, scuba gear, buckets for my backhoe, timber for building projects, chainsaws. However I once picked up some soft furnishings from Ikea in it, I felt so metrosexual afterwards I had to rush off and buy a nailgun.

:biggrin:

I found the post that you couldn't figure out how to link to correctly when quoting. I made it September 30, 2015. It's here:

Would you use battery heating if it were available? - Page 8

When you click on someone's profile to view their forum posts they come up in reverse chronological order--most recent first. The last post on the first page of my posts was made December 24th. The last post on the fourth page of my posts was made December 19th. That view only shows 25 pages of posts, and the post you found is much further back than 25 pages.

Now if you looked at a view of the threads I've started, which is not what you said you did, that post would be in that list, on the first page. It's the 21st thread from the top. But sure, it's the first post of mine you happened to look at when you were trying to find a mistake in one of my posts.

Give it a rest already. I believe my point that if you are going to correct someone else, you better make sure your ducks are in line. Which yours clearly aren't. I could easily view more of your post history for laughable corrections, but that fun has run its course.

Now back to topic:

If the Model X looked like this I most certainly would have bought it:

Audi-e-tron-quattro-Concept-6.jpg

Audi-quattro-e-tron-concept-Forum-Neckarsulm-310.jpg

Definitely more of a masculine design though. I wonder what that front end would look like on the Model S!

Last edited:
If the Model X looked like this I most certainly would have bought it:

Definitely more of a masculine design though. I wonder what that front end would look like on the Model S!

I've said the same too, X vs Q6 etron, the Audi would get my cash (if it where available to buy of course.)

That aside I really like where Audi are going with this and the design cues. I particularly like the contradiction of sharp creases and flowing curves.

It's not perfect however, an I'm not a fan of the louvers in the bonnet though, reminds me of this:
The Simpsons Speedholes - YouTube

I'm also not keen on the plastic wheel arch things that are designed to make cars with low ground clearance look like they are taller than they are. It feels fake to me. IIRC Audi started the trend with the Allroad:
Audi_A6_allroad_3.0_TDI_quattro_tiptronic_Individuallackierung_Shirazrot_Seite.JPG

And in the height of nasty, the same design element got carried on to this:
Rover_Streetwise_-_Flickr_-_Joost_J._Bakker_IJmuiden.jpg

Getting fully back on track, the Model S doesn't exist in a vacuum (although with no-viable EV competition you could argue in it's niche), but automotive design imperceptibly moves on. Model year to model year little things happen that in their own right nobody notices. Stand a 5 year old design next to a brand new one however, and all this things add up and if you aren't careful the car (or to be honest a lot of consumer products) can look dated.

This rendering of the nosecone looks great. It has a very sleek, modern, and understated look that fits the Model S quite well. I bet the actual facelift will look even better.

The more I look at the rendering below the more I realize what a redundant appendage the current black nosecone is.

View attachment 104977

I'm going to have to bust out Photoshop and fix that render to give everyone a better rendition. Whoever did it just took the model X front end and blended it with a Model S and didn't do anything to slim down the front end to make it more proportional to the S.

It looks too chunky as it is.

Also, I have a very strong suspicion that the new Model X nose actually came from the Model 3 and will be on the S eventually but not until Model 3 is actually unveiled. Doing new plastics for the S as a facelift is easy. No need for new panels all around, all the other car makers tweak the front and rear fascia every year or two, no reason why Tesla couldn't do the same for the S next year.