Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

S refresh mud flap clips gone? Replacements?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Those rivets that come with OEM flaps are junk.

Sorry don’t know size but I had spares that were much beefier.

They are pretty common. You can get an assortment. Just use one slightly longer than the one you pulled out at install time. You can measure it and compare on line specs. If you don’t have it, pop one out.

Reactions: IamGaryGnu
Those rivets that come with OEM flaps are junk.

Sorry don’t know size but I had spares that were much beefier.

They are pretty common. You can get an assortment. Just use one slightly longer than the one you pulled out at install time. You can measure it and compare on line specs. If you don’t have it, pop one out.
Thanks. I was also thinking of hot glue or similar. Company can make a car go in 1.99 seconds but not supply decent fasteners…

pics how you have installed this? :D
I didn't take any pics of them while I was installing them. However, the process is super simple:

1. Remove the factory push pin.
  2. Enlarge the holes in the car's surfaces into which the push pin inserts to the diameter of the well nut cylinder (I believe it was 1/2 inch for the well nuts I used.
  3. Insert the well nut into the car's surfaces like it was a push pin.
  4. Place the mud flap on top of the well nut and mark the appropriate place to drill a hole.
  5. Drill the mud flap to the size of bolt you are using for the well nut (I think it was 1/4 inch in my case).
  6. Insert bolt into mud flap and screw into well nut.
Here's a picture of it all buttoned up -- the bottom 2 fasteners are well nuts while the upper is a traditional bolt/nut (it's filthy as it rained today).

Well Nut.jpg

Reactions: 3lektrisiert