Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Salvage Tesla Model Y from U S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, I bought a tesla model Y at an auction in the USA. She currently has the title "Salvage". I would like to ask for advice on a repair station at fair prices and of course the clearance of all this with customs clearance and registration of the car. If anyone had experience in transporting a "Salvage" car, please tell me how everything went through in stages and how much you spent on what, thank you in advance!

Not really a direct answer to your questions, as I am not familiar with salvage and import processes but I do know that often times Tesla will not allow the use of a salvaged vehicle on their supercharger network and may not assist with service or parts supplies. You end up getting parts from other salvaged or written off vehicles. Apologies if this is something you were already aware of. You can of course charge the battery from other sources other than Tesla (once you get the car operational again. check on "Rich Rebuilds" on YouTube for his history with salvaged Tesla's.

Upvote 0
Hello, I bought a tesla model Y at an auction in the USA. She currently has the title "Salvage". I would like to ask for advice on a repair station at fair prices and of course the clearance of all this with customs clearance and registration of the car. If anyone had experience in transporting a "Salvage" car, please tell me how everything went through in stages and how much you spent on what, thank you in advance!
I would look up "Rich Rebuilds" on Youtube. He has tons of experience and you can probably find some important information.

Upvote 0