Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

San Diego Area - SDG&E Raised Rates effective 3/1/24

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It used to be TOU5 was best for net consumers and TOU2 for net exporters. I haven't looked into it lately, but since they started not counting NEM credits against the $10/mo minimum, my bill has been increasing and their website is suggesting tou2 or something similar as cheaper. I haven't bothered to figure out why - may be related to those plans having a baseline allowance.

Reactions: montreid
It used to be TOU5 was best for net consumers and TOU2 for net exporters. I haven't looked into it lately, but since they started not counting NEM credits against the $10/mo minimum, my bill has been increasing and their website is suggesting tou2 or something similar as cheaper. I haven't bothered to figure out why - may be related to those plans having a baseline allowance.
We're definitely consumers with two EVs and a pool with two active pumps. Still able to be net generators for pk and most off peak so most usage is super off peak -- just a lot of it.

Nonbypassable charges really do us in and something that's new since we had NEM 1.0 prior to our move to new home a few years back.