Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

San Diego to Fresno-best way to do it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New to the car and reading the posts makes my head swim but I'm trying to learn.
Hope to be able to make the trip up i-5,over the Grapevine and up 99,and not have to make an extended stop on the way.
What is the best way to make the trip?
Any help would be appreciated. 85 Model S

From Orange County, we take the 5 all the way to Harris Ranch Inn, stopping at Tejon and Harris Ranch to Supercharge. After supercharging at Harris Ranch, we turn right leaving the parking lot, heading east on the 198 (Doris Ave) and then take the 41 north to Fresno. We have enough miles left in our 85 when we arrive in Fresno, to make it up the hill to Oakhurst. We made it from Oakhurst to the Tejon Supercharger on the 99 with out stopping, after charging overnight at The High Sierra Campground.

Thanks but if car can make it from Fresno to Tejon on way back, and Orange County from there, why not on the way up?
Probably missed something but understood your message to say need two stops going and only one on the return?
Our plan is to stay with family for two days in Fresno and build a connector/extension cord to charge off the 220 dryer outlet there,
24 hours should be enough for a full charge?