Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sandy Munro Tesla Semi teardown

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While I would love to see it, I think it would be a big waste of a Semi.
Couldn't disagree more.
We need every one of them made on the road.
Agree. But consider there are other Big truck manufacturers making E-Trucks. It's not as if Tesla is the only company making them.

Not to mention I doubt Munro would be high on the list to get one, so it seems unlikely it will ever happen.
It will happen; it's just a matter of when?

Reactions: ElectricIAC
I think to borrow one and getting as much information as possible (total weight, battery capacity....)
doing some performance and efficiency measurements, and use a dyno to determine the full motors power
would be quite sufficient, otherwise the rear axial is like a Model S Plaid with a bigger battery.

Unless they already made an order the day of the presentation, back in November 2017,
there must be alfready a long waiting list, and I doubt that they could find one to buy
like they did with the MY RWD (Made in Austin) with 8086 Cells.

I speculate also that Tesla might have added a non resale clause, of maybe one year,
to avoid scalper making profit or to avoid IP theft.

Anyway, since there is not yet any Tesla V4 1MW Supercharger network for Semi, I imagine that new owners
would have to install a V4 upercharger at their depot? This might be also a Tesla clause when ordering a Semi.
Otherwise the new Semi owner will have to use an L2 charger or use a V3 Supercharger but this might be difficult
thinking about the length of the cable, unless Tesla provide an extension and open the V3 network to Semi.

Note: I believe that Sandy Munro (0:49) mentioned that if he could not get a Semi,
they will try to get a Spyder, since they already have a Cybertruck in order.

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC