Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sanity Check - Free Supercharging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We take a lot of road trips and have great access to high-speed superchargers in our area. I’ve only put 5000 miles on my Molex… But almost all of those have been free supercharging miles I have the unlimited package and I’m installing extra panels at my house to accommodate our two new Tesla‘s but until they are on the grid I prefer to charge my model X at superchargers; it’s so fast and there’s always something I can do while I wait.

We take a lot of road trips and have great access to high-speed superchargers in our area. I’ve only put 5000 miles on my Molex… But almost all of those have been free supercharging miles I have the unlimited package and I’m installing extra panels at my house to accommodate our two new Tesla‘s but until they are on the grid I prefer to charge my model X at superchargers; it’s so fast and there’s always something I can do while I wait.
Just remember there’s a DC fast charge cumulative number that once you reach will permanently throttle your supercharging speed.

Just remember there’s a DC fast charge cumulative number that once you reach will permanently throttle your supercharging speed.
What is that cumulative number, specifically? Is it a certain number of Supercharged kWh? I always wondered how a company like Tesloop avoided slow Supercharging (with clients waiting) as they go round trip every day between LA and Vegas (or wherever they go)...

What is that cumulative number, specifically? Is it a certain number of Supercharged kWh? I always wondered how a company like Tesloop avoided slow Supercharging (with clients waiting) as they go round trip every day between LA and Vegas (or wherever they go)...
I don’t know the exact number, it’s not specific to supercharging but all DC charging. So even slow 50kW chademo charging will add to that total

Bjorn has a video about it.

great info. Thanks I’ll modify my habits. Any idea what app that he is using to get all of the ac vs dc charge numbers? It seems like a helpful tool but I’m leery of giving up my Tesla credentials to a 3rd party app.