Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Scratch repair and Ceramic/PPF - Bolton/Manchester

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys,

Haven't posted here in a while but thought I'd throw this out there to see if anybody can help.

My beast has had the unfortunate experience of a stone chip on the bonnet/frunk hood/or whatever we call it these days :confused:

The chip itself isn't big at all - tiny in fact. But it seems to have broken the paint (I can see some white under the MSM colour). Also, it can only really be noticed when the car has been freshly cleaned and a few days after until it rains again.

However, I was hoping to get the car ceramic coated and obviously to get the best out of it i'd like to get this fixed, which leads me to my question - does anyone know any places in the North Manchester / Bolton area that does chip repairs and can do paint correction, ceramic and PPF?

I know that is asking a lot but i'd rather just go to a single place and leave the car with them for a few days while they do it all in one hit. It isn't like i'm driving anywhere any time soon :)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
TN

Do you have 'chips away' up there? They will come to you.
Yeah we do, but I was looking for a place that could do everything in one hit ideally (sort the paint chip, do the full paint correction on the rest of the car, and then PPF the bonnet and front bumper and ceramic the rest) - a lot to ask!

Cheers for the suggestion though - appreciated.

Reactions: IanMcL
I think the biggest problem right now will be that many of these places will be closed until such time as the lockdown restrictions are eased.
I was thinking that too.
I think there are a couple of detailing places still operating and obeying the social distancing rules, but I'm not aware of any that do chip repair, paint correction, ceramic and PPF all in one place up here (may be a gap in the market for any budding autopaint and detailing enthusiast :)).

I may have to do as IanMcL suggested and see if there's a mobile SMART repair service available. Then take it to a detailing place separately once the stricter lockdown rules have been relaxed (this isn't essential activity so as with everyone else i'd rather not risk burdening the NHS more than it already is).

Reactions: IanMcL